Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer Head Unit Reviews - MVH8350BT

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all.
I have a VX and VY Commodore and need to replace the factory head units with units that have some decent functionality.

I am looking at the Pioneer MVH8350BT head unit.

MVH-8350BT Bluetooth Digital Media Receiver with 3-inch Screen (2011 Model) - Pioneer Car Stereo - Digital Media Receiver

I'm not looking for blow my head off performance (however down the track who knows). The VX is the missus' car and she just needs BlueTooth and iPod. Me, much the same really. As said, not looking to put amps etc in the car (yet or the near future) so don't want to get a HU that will be able to take these down the track.

Just chasing reviews on this unit if anyone has one fitted. I am pretty sure that they can be connected to the Factory Steering Wheel Controls also so that I believe is very important.

Yes there are other fantastic units on the market but when/if I decide to upgrade it's not an issue. I am happy to spend this $ now and down the track buy a bigger better system should I feel the need to.

Cheers,

Scott

gotham.r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.8 S1
I haven't heard much about these units but it is pioneer so the quality should be quite good. I had a read for you and it does seem a good unit. It is a unit that is amplifier ready though, and from what I see you don't particularly want that. For the steering wheel controls though it seems you need a separate accessory which doesn't incorporate your existing controls unless I missed something..

Alpine have a good range also, including all the compatibilities your looking for. For the steering wheel controls you would just need a module and programming without needing a separate control unit.

Hope I've been helpful :)

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Ok got this installed into the wife's car. Absolutely love the unit. Very easy to navigate and it doesn't have a cd player which is a total waste as we use iPods. Got the bluetooth as well. Fantastic sound even out of the stock speakers in her VX. Very happy with it.