Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Planning a sound system - WK statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Personally my favourite is AudioSavings.

Car Audio Systems Australia, Cheap Car Audio Online - Ryda

Sound Master Car Audio - Best Prices on Car Audio & Accessories

JB Hi-Fi |Car Audio & Stereo - Alpine, Kenwood & Pioneer Audio Systems

Here are some online prices at this shop, there are some nice head units > Car Stereo, Car Audio, Car Audio Accessories & Entertainment - Perth

Audio Savings items - Get great deals on Car Stereo, Speakers items on eBay Stores!

Mobile SoundWorks Online items - Get great deals on 12 Car Subwoofers, 10 Car Subwoofers items on eBay Stores!

Sonic Electronix items - Get great deals on Car Audio, Car Stereo items on eBay Stores!

AutoSoundsWarehouse items - Get great deals on Installation Accessories, Headunits items on eBay Stores!

Dynaliner items - Get great deals on Sound Dampening Material, DYNAMAT items on eBay Stores!

12 VOLT STEREO items - Get great deals on CAR AUDIO, CAR VIDEO items on eBay Stores!

buy12volt items - Get great deals on Amplifiers, Car speakers items on eBay Stores!

Elite Electronics Store items - Get great deals on Aerpro, Strike items on eBay Stores!

Loseyourhearing items - Get great deals on Rockford Fosgate Amplifiers, HID Conversion Kits items on eBay Stores!

Phonixfire30 items - Get great deals on Subwoofers, Component Splits Set items on eBay Stores!

Car Stereo, Subwoofers items in Dynamic Autosound store on eBay!

These guys are good for fuse holders and that > Deluxe Item items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

I love this store for accessories like Couplers, RCA etc. > Bag-Boy Home and Car Audio Wiring items - Get great deals on Aftermarket, Bulk items on eBay Stores!

I have brought from most of these ^^.

I would get the head unit from JB Hi Fi when they have 20% off usually monthly because you can't get AUS maps from the US units.

I think this post needs its own thread and to be ‘sticky’ something along the lines of 'Where to buy Car Audio from…'.

Also want to add places like Audio Savings and Sonic Electronix (it wouldn't surprise me if some of the other eBay stores do as well) have their own websites which are a little easier to search.

Audio Savings

Sonic Electronix

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Nic92, great work on that list, I'm sure I will be checking back here at some stage to find something online.

iChris, this thread has details on where the speakers are in your car, just ignore the whole thing on HU and screens as you already have that covered by Tray in your ride thread. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...2002-2004/157559-anyone-got-wk-statesman.html

Personally I think that sound deadening should be included in your speaker budget, and that it would be one of the best things for a Statesman. Due to the fact that they are classy, already heavy, and will improve sound.

+1 for JBHiFi, got my HU from there for less than overseas on ebay and came with free camera so it was a much better deal (got it from a 30% off sale).

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Lets not forget the retailer who you ask for all their information before buying online....

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Lets not forget the retailer who you ask for all their information before buying online....

Why do you have to go to a retailer for? They don't stock half he brands you can get on eBay. Well here in WA they don't and every shop I've been to has given me false information to try and get me to buy their products. It's sad they're meant to be the experts and they don't even support our CAA WA group :(. The only shop I would recommend going to for some good information is A-One Audio. They do quality installs.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST

Everything audio wise I've bought for my car has been local, except dash facia. Having said that, whenever I go to a shop they always push me to buy what they will make money on. ie. went to buy Type R splits at JB, tried to sell me JL audio splits at more than 2X price and less wattage, even when I have more than that coming out of my existing amp, his excuse, they will sound better up to a point... I know that you're a specialty shop owner that will give much better advice but it still has happened to me at Alberts etc.

Also Nic, I emailed A-One asking if they would update the Bluetooth on my HU, was expecting to pay some as it seems quite complex (cant do it unless your an authorized retailer), but they never even replied. As far as I am concerned there is no excuse for poor service especially when its something as simple as replying to an email with "yeah sure bring it in this wednesday and it will take 15 minutes and cost $50"

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
you most certainly don't have to purchase from car audio stores...but lets discount the fact that just about everyone here has gone into one, picked their brains, demoed some stuff and then checked eBay prices. It's natural. **** I shop around myself sometimes. Even some things inside my store I import directly from manufacturer instead of buying from the Australian distributor... at least with a store you have someone to throw the product at when it goes wrong lol. As with anything in sales, you have to cut through the crap to get to what you want. Some stores are yet to catch onto the fact that todays buyer is an educated buyer. The internet is great like that.

Infact, if a customer comes in and wants to know some details on about a particular unit, I wager that often times, they may know more about that product what I do. They have spent the last week researching and reading reviews about that one particular headunit.. or maybe a couple. I spent my week reading reviews about every headunit, every amp, every pair of speakers, every remote start alarm every everything! So reality is... my product knowledge is not upto scratch on particular units compared to some customers.... many stores have forgotten that fact.

A few pointers when entering a car audio shop. Try to scope out if the sales staff are also the fitters... Mine are, which means I don't pay them commission. Because they will be the one possibily fitting it.... they don't want the headache. They don't want to have to explain to you why it doesn't do what they you it would. They will know if something is possibile to do or not without extra components.

Big box stores have salesteams that are not fitters. Have no clue and only what their mates have told them and tales from the install bay. Also they will have sales spiffs (bonuses to the sales member who can sell a certain amount of a particular product or get rid of an old unit celebrating birthdays)... Pioneer used to do this to me... then I got rid of my Pioneer dealership. w00t

...besides, if it wasn't for guys like me... imagine what the ebay prices would be like then!!!!!

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
...besides, if it wasn't for guys like me... imagine what the ebay prices would be like then!!!!!

I think this is the problem. Online prices are just too competitive, especially when the exchange rate was good from the states.

May I ask, do you run an online store for the stuff you sell, or just a basic website with information?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
actually we don't even have a website. I've been meaning to get someone to do it... just not yet.