Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic Coating on Doors

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
I own a 94 VR commodore accliam and I notice during some songs i play on my system, most sound is produced from the front speakers which is no big deal, but the thing is it makes the most anoying vibrational noises, so i pulled off the door linning and realised its the actual clear plastic linning thats glued onto the metal door thats rattling. Should i take it off? i was told that if i do water can get in onto the wires and onto the door linning and damage everything is that true or should i just go for it?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It is there to protect the door trim from water/moisture. If you take it off your door trim will get wet. If you don't like the noise, replace the plastic with a later of something else that won't rattle. Something like thin waterproof foam or actually sound deaden your doors then the layer of deadener acts as the barrier.

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
i went to clark rubber and got 2 M of like
its foam thats about half a cm thick
n it works great :D
but that was in my old car
but they were built the same
it stopped my splits from making an annoyin vibrating noise sometimes

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you get foam, make sure it is "closed cell" which is waterproof. You don't want a big sponge in your door.