Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic window stip fading

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
on my vs the little plastic strip things are a little faded, ive got a pic to help describe it, what can i use to restore it, what about some bumper bar black?
My iphone is being a bitch and i cant upload any pics from it atm

got the pic
plastic fade.jpg

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
tape up the glass and have a go with the bumper black in a can. rub it with a red scotch brite. id be using something that designed to stick to plastic as well, otherwise it will just **** itself and flake off again...

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
I tried it a few years ago with regular black spray paint, sanded it smoothe first. It lasted a couple of years, time to do it again tho. Let me know if u find any other way to do it!

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
in the past I have sanded thr rubber smooth, cleaned with wax and grease remover (wax on wax off) and then hit it with VHT vinyl dye or K&H rollbar and Chassis paint.

The rubber can be repaired in this mannor, Hi-Fill also works. you can use conditioners and suchbut they don't last long. I would suggest that after painting the trim to keep it well detailed with meguires black trim polish to keep it protected.

votality

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore S2
i've used bodytech vinyl plastic paint on my trims like those before on my vp but they are more like rubber.

and same prep as Cracka said (sanded thr rubber smooth, cleaned with wax and grease remover )

Gave me a similar appearance to the origional finish..

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
in the past I have sanded thr rubber smooth, cleaned with wax and grease remover (wax on wax off) and then hit it with VHT vinyl dye or K&H rollbar and Chassis paint.

The rubber can be repaired in this mannor, Hi-Fill also works. you can use conditioners and suchbut they don't last long. I would suggest that after painting the trim to keep it well detailed with meguires black trim polish to keep it protected.

i've used bodytech vinyl plastic paint on my trims like those before on my vp but they are more like rubber.

and same prep as Cracka said (sanded thr rubber smooth, cleaned with wax and grease remover )

Gave me a similar appearance to the origional finish..

Thanks for that guys