Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Playing CDs

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
if it's that big a deal, the best option is to get the Mylink ripped out and replaced but yeah that'll cost $$$

Seems to be whats occuring now, Iv sent off a few of the VF1 units to be fitted into VF2 already since some people want to be able to play DVD's, CDs ect.

Also note.. for those that like the idea of having a HSV EDI fitted... only a VF1 unit will be compatible for EDIs. :beer chug: VF2 simply doesnt have the required inputs!

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Yer I was abit pissed that holden did away with the cd player.
No mention from the dealer, or holden, or anyone that reviewed the vf ll.
cd quality beter than mp3.
they could have made it an option.

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
You don't have to have MP3's, you can play .wav (cd audio files) files via a thumb drive.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
You don't have to have MP3's, you can play .wav (cd audio files) files via a thumb drive.

Yes your correct I could use wav, but the point is, not everyone will have the knowledge or time to convert their cd collection.
Holden had a brain faded on that one, just thought that everyone just uses digital media.

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Probably been discussed somewhere, but have been unable to find the answer.
My uncle has a VF SS and I need an answer as to how he can play CDs through this thing. He has no internet/no computer/no smart phone (full country bumpkin) so he has now resorted to dropping past with a pile of CDs every now and then. I tried an external USB DVD drive to no avail. Will he need a whole new head unit or what? Any ideas?
Hi. Probably a bit late for this post but I have the same problem and just found a solution. I bought a portable cd player and an fm transmitter that you plug into the cigarette lighter. Connected the portable cd player to the fm transmitter and tuned the transmitter to an fm station. Works great. Transmitter was only $27 on ebay.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Yes you can get a VF1 climate dash cluster(includes cd slot) but unless you change the headunit to series 1 then youll have no player. Kayhan claim theyll have the ability to use the existing cd slot for their recent system (it can play dvd) but I would wait for video conf. from them.