Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE HELP! Lower Grille

Cassandra1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina
Okay so yesterday we hit a wallaby in my sII VY Berlina. The only damage was to the lower grille/bumper grille and one fog light which I need to replace. I have looked all over the internet and rang the wreckers. I can't find a lower grille anywhere! Does it go by another name? Is there another grille from another model that will fit it without modification? Thank you so much for your help, I'm a little distraught I love my car.

R

Risky

Go to your local Holden dealer spares dept. They may not have the lower grille there but they can order a new one. Same with the foglight. Holden still have new parts available for the VY. When I restored my ute, the bulk of the parts/trim I replaced are new. Prices are reasonable when you compare to Euro/Jap cars.

Was there any other damage done to the front bumper, like any splits or cracks?

Cassandra1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina
Oh thank you so much. I have been freaking out because I thought that they did not make them anymore. As far as I know the bumper appears to be unaffected but I think I will have a better idea once I try to fit the grille. Thank you so much for your quick reply!

Cassandra1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina
I just gave them a ring and woohooo! They can order them in and just in case anyone else is looking they are $180.

R

Risky

No probs, just glad to help.

You can still get a number of parts from Holden & I always advise everyone to check with them first before heading off to the wreckers or eBay. If you intend to keep your VY for a while, best to replace old or worn bits of trim now or otherwise it'll be too late.

You're lucky that your brush with the wallaby left you with only minor damage & no injuries.

Did you order another fog light?