Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please HELP!! VX Commodore 2001 Auto V6 All Warning Lights Flashing!!!

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
Hello People,
I really need help with my VX 2001 commodore. I already have spent huge money but can't get it fixed.

Basically, I was Driving the other day and the car turned off whilst driving. It happened quite a few times before and then started again but that day it never started and I have all the warning Signs on the DashBoard
The warning Signs are: 1) ECU 2) Battery 3) Engine Oil and 4) Serv ERROR. These 4 signs are always there.

I called in a few Mechanics and they charged heaps but couldn't fix!!
1) First Mechanic checked and then started the car from the starter motor. Eventually, he asked me to change the Angle Crack Sensor. I bought and we replaced it but Still nothing Changed!! but the mechanic Charged me $300+

He left and never picked up the phone again
Asked other few mechanics and they suggested it could be an electrical problem not engine so

2) I called in an other electrical auto mechanic. He checked every thing and told me to change the ECU and the BCM!! So I went and bought them from Wreckers. Fixed them to the car and got the new key and NOTHING CHANGED. IT DIDN'T work. It remained as before nothing changed!! all warning lights are there but RADIO CD PLAYER LIGHTS INDICATOR works

Few other things that have happened are:

1) The problem is the car Diagnostic Scanner is not working with the car. The both Mechanic had the Scanner but it was not working on my Car!!
2) I also tried the Paperclip trick to see if I get any Sign but still It didn't showed anything and everything is as same as always.
3) I also bought the ALDL USB cable with the CD but still No Luck!!!
4) I called other Mechanics they say it might be a Coil Pack or Current sensor or Blah blah!!
5) I found this forum very helpful so thought to ask from you guys if anyone has encounter this problem b4 please help me out.. I already have spent a lot and this is an old car it doesn't worth more than $2000

Thanx in Advance!!

Attachments

• Photo 24-02-2015 20 00 25.jpg
    Photo 24-02-2015 20 00 25.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 620
  • Photo 24-02-2015 20 00 36.jpg
    Photo 24-02-2015 20 00 36.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I got all those errors when I blew the main engine fuse, check them, its in the fuse panel just behind the battery.

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
Can U please tell me how it looks as there are many fuses. Or what's written on that? it would make easier for me to find it Thanx for the reply

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Honestly, I would check all of them.

fusecover.jpg

Though I think it was one of the small ones on the right.

Maybe "Eng Cont" (?), sounds about right.

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
Thanx Man. I really appreciate your help
I will go down to Supercheap today and will get one.
I will post if it works

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
That fuse controls your ECU, nothing engine related will work without it. All the car electronics controlled by the BCM will work though. Though it will chuck warnings up left-right and centre.

I really hope that's all it is. Though I imagine you will be majorly pissed at some mechanics if it is.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
If it is the fuse, it might be a good idea to find out why the fuse blew in the first place. Not much good putting a new fuse in if the fault is not fixed. Just blow the new fuse.

My next suggestion before you throw any more money at it is take it to Holden and have them diagnose the fault/faults. Then weigh up whether you want it fixed or another car seems more attractive.

And some mechanics seem to be full of it. $$$$'s first. One I thought I had a good relationship with charged me $250 to replace my clutch. Fair enough. Several weeks later the same mechanic charged me $400 to replace the gearbox. I supplied the gearbox. Needless to say that he got no further business from me.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
and how will they diagnose the faults when the Diagnostic Scanner is not working with the car..

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
kiwicon, any senior mechanic worth the name will be able to work out what is wrong with a car without resorting to a machine that did not exist when he(mechanic) did his course.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
kiwicon, any senior mechanic worth the name will be able to work out what is wrong with a car without resorting to a machine that did not exist when he(mechanic) did his course.

That's all well and good, but those lights on the dash and the fact that the diagnostic port cannot talk to the ECU tells me there is a problem with the ECU itself. And if the problem is with the ECU, I would not want to be paying the mechanic by the hour so check every diode, transistor, capacitor, resister, etc.