Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please HELP!! VX Commodore 2001 Auto V6 All Warning Lights Flashing!!!

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
#acarmody today I checked all the fuses but still didn't start and everything remained as b4.
I also opened the Dashboard and replaced the Fuses around still didn't work out. It took me an hour to learn all those fuses b4 replacing
So once I fully understood the fuses then I unpluged the battery and replaced every other Fuses that are related to ECM/ BCM n Ignition etc
Nothing is working out. :(((
#Diagnostic scanner is not working with the car and problem seems to be something that connect everything so confusing

One good thing is I have learnt fuse replacement so easy

Can any one suggest me other way to diagnose it or check the problem?
Thanx

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
That's all well and good, but those lights on the dash and the fact that the diagnostic port cannot talk to the ECU tells me there is a problem with the ECU itself. And if the problem is with the ECU, I would not want to be paying the mechanic by the hour so check every diode, transistor, capacitor, resister, etc.

I have changed the ECU with an other one also replaced the BCM and a remote.
I think there is something that cannot connect to the ECU. It's not the ECU itself but something else that connects it to the ECU. It could be the wire or the Earth wire not sure

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
When the first mechanic started the car from the starter motor, did it run or just turn over and stop as soon as he took the power cable off?

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
When the first mechanic started the car from the starter motor, did it run or just turn over and stop as soon as he took the power cable off?

The car was parked in the garage, so he just started the car and turn it back off again barely 20 seconds thats all.
Also, the 2nd Mechanic was able to crank the car from the Fuses next to the battery but that was just a crank couldn't start the car only crank sound.

Big_Fudge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
When you try to start the car does it just click? or does it crank/ try to turn over?

With Supra's when all the major warning lights come on at once, it usually means our alternator has died and no longer is charging the battery. Car would die soon after and not want to start.

(i do realise that toyotas and holdens are VASTLY different but it is a suggestion.)

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
Also I have 3 ECUs now !!
Got them all from wreckers so cheap same model.
The problem is no matter if I'm connecting THE ECU or disconnecting. The Dashboard remains the same.
1) first I disconnected the ECU so there was no ECU connected to the car. i started it and Same thing. Nothing changed!! All those signs were there
2) I then connected the new ECU and still Nothing changed!!
3) when I got the third ECU I replaced it and also Nothing Changed!!
No matter if connecting or disconnecting the ECU it is not changing anything!!
Everything is as same as b4
I think there is something not working which connects the ECU and the Engine. Something like that
So confusing!!!

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
When you try to start the car does it just click? or does it crank/ try to turn over?

With Supra's when all the major warning lights come on at once, it usually means our alternator has died and no longer is charging the battery. Car would die soon after and not want to start.

(i do realise that toyotas and holdens are VASTLY different but it is a suggestion.)

Just a click sound ( may be from the Fuse Board next to the battery, hard to figure out)
The very first time I doubt was the alternator causing the Issue but the both Mechanic said if it's the alternator causing the problem then LIGHTS, RADIO, DOOR , Indicator etc shouldn't work but they all are working except the engine it self.
So they crossed out the alternator

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It probably has nothing to do with the warning lights but when you change all the ECUs are you linking them the the BCM?

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
It probably has nothing to do with the warning lights but when you change all the ECUs are you linking them the the BCM?
Yes. Every ECU i bought has got it's own BCM and a Remote.
So I replaced the New ECU with the old one and also the new BCM with the old one. The new remote worked but problem remained the same

ali.mosawi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2001
Today the 2nd Mechanic came back and asked me put the Original ECU and BCM back. Then he went back to Fuses and couldn't work out anything and then told me The Problem is with the Earth/Ground wire. I asked him to fix but he said there many Earth Wires and he doesn't know where are they. Finally he suggested me to tow my car to the Auto Electrician or may be sell it.
What do you guys say??

So frustrated:undead:Car