Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help

Spucko

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt spac
i have a 98 vt spac factory 5speed manual

i have just replaced the clutch and fly wheel

and dropped the clutch at 5 thou the car went back an start running on 3 cylinders i drove it 40 kms to home
since then i have replace the rocket cover gaskets and head gasket due to having milky oil it was still not running 100% so changed the motherboard
on coil pack ran sweet for about half hour not giving it any **** just driving it normal
then it start running off 3 cylinders again its running on 1 3 6 so i replaced coil pack and it hasnt changed a think i was wondering if anyone else
has had this problem and if they could tell me what is wrong ?

because its got me an my mechanic completly dumbfound ?

Cheers

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
Whenever I see a thread where someone mentions a problem has their mechanic stumped my first thought is, get a new mechanic.

Seriously, three things are required for an engine to run properly, spark, fuel, compression. Have you seen him do these tests?

Also, despite being more complicated with their computer control than the cars I grew up working on with dizzys and carburettors, our cars have an OBDII socket which allows us to check for engine faults. Has he done that?

If not, look up how to read error codes on here, that's where I'd start. Use a test light to see if your injectors are being fired. Check for spark at the plugs. Process of elimination. Obviously something is not working as it should. Since it came good momentarily I doubt it's compression. Milky oil is a big red flag for me. Have you removed and inspected the plugs? Maybe a leaking intake manifold gasket. Anyway these are the things your mechanic should be doing.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i have a 98 vt spac factory 5speed manual

i have just replaced the clutch and fly wheel

and dropped the clutch at 5 thou the car went back an start running on 3 cylinders i drove it 40 kms to home
since then i have replace the rocket cover gaskets and head gasket due to having milky oil it was still not running 100% so changed the motherboard
on coil pack ran sweet for about half hour not giving it any **** just driving it normal
then it start running off 3 cylinders again its running on 1 3 6 so i replaced coil pack and it hasnt changed a think i was wondering if anyone else
has had this problem and if they could tell me what is wrong ?

because its got me an my mechanic completly dumbfound ?

Hate it when those rocket covers leak, nasa has this problem too. Id be checking the wiring connector pins at the DFI module connector. These connector pins are well known for becoming corroded or bent etc , and this then causes running problems. If not, replace the 3 ignition coils and the DFI module (DFI module is the thing the 3 coils sit on/bolt to).
Id also be checking for any logged error codes to make sure theres nothing else wrong anywhere. Checking these codes is simple and quick to do, no tools etc needed...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Problem with nasa rocket covers is that when they leak, they Need Another Seven Astronauts. On the flip side, you do know where NASA astronauts spend their holidays right? all over Florida... haha.. ok I crack myself up sometimes.

You can laugh now... kthanksbai

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
i

Can we just clarify what you mean by this?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka