Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please read and advise. headlights

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Okay so heres whats happening.

On a trip to Melbourne from Adelaide i had something fall from the back of a truck and smack into the front of my VT Berlina. After that i had one dull headlight, bright parkers, one highbeam and headlights turning off when high beams are on. I took it to auto electrician and they replaced a fuse and everything worked fine.

That was on Tuesday.. today, Friday, i was back to the single headlight, funny highbeam problem. I noticed when i got out of my car to buy dinner that my headlights were still on (i always use the auto off feature where they just turn off when i open the door), i turned the switch off but the lights stayed on. a bit of playing around and flicking the highbeam stalk turned the lights off. A few attempts told me that it wasn't just a once off and it won't go away, seems the headlights only turn off when they want to by playing with the highbeam stalk.

Im lead to believe my problem is caused by the highbeam/lowbeam switch in the steering assembly, is this correct?

Please advise.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
seems the headlights only turn off when they want to by playing with the highbeam stalk.

Please advise.

Very similar to my prob.after indicating either side high beams comes on,replaced the stalk all good now.Another one of commodore common probs.