Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POD Overrated

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
yeah i work at supercheap hey we have pods there and basically one of the guys we work with has a VT Berlina, with a VY R8 Clubby Kit on it, VX Mags, Monaro Tailights and hes working on a dash set up and slowly doing engine mods now. but bascially he bought the pod for his car, and he found it to be worse than the normal stock box. His hose use to suck in and go really small, thus not allowing enough air through. but yer so he chanegd back to the stock box. just another bit of advice when thinking about buying one.

*& yes he did fit it right!!* lol

MBS206

Reaction score
Try boxing your Pod, and then wacking a CAI to that box...

[1SIKVL2NV]

dudes pod without cai is ****

even then i got stickered by the pigs this sat nite

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
I was up Echuca at xmas time "04" and it was like 38 degrese i went to take of from the traffic lights and bang! the top of my air box popped off.I put the airbox lid back on and 5mins later bang! same thing this time there was i bit of a crack in my airbox i put the lid back on again.About half an hour later ka bang!! faarrkken again this time my airbox shatterd i swear there was'nt a peice of my air box any bigger than a cd thats been snapped in half then in half again.I went to the wreckers and got another box i went through 3 air box's in 2 days also i forgot to say my car is on gas my cousin she lives up Echuca when i went and seen her she just got home and the same thing happend to her Ford which is also on gas.Since putting a pod on my car it has ran even better especially on gas but i have noticed that on very cold days my car goe's heaps better i can really notice it i just brought the VSV6 cai which i'm gonna run to my pod which i'm going to enclose.

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
I dont know what state your in but in Victoria you can have a pod what there are certain rules that go along with having a pod.Dont ask me what i forget but there are cartain mods that if you have on your car you cannot have a pod aswell one thing i know of is if your car is turbo then having a pod on that is illegal.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
chopsy said:
I dont know what state your in but in Victoria you can have a pod what there are certain rules that go along with having a pod.Dont ask me what i forget but there are cartain mods that if you have on your car you cannot have a pod aswell one thing i know of is if your car is turbo then having a pod on that is illegal.
In Victoria the pod has to be sealed,was going to fit bmc pod filter in my sv6 with Vz v8 airbox,was advised not to,was told go for bmc flat panel filter as used in f1 cars.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
The rule with POD's n' turbos is that you cant have a an intercooler and a POD either one or the other.

I cant member who said it but... why would you get pinged for a CAI? Its a genuine part ffrom holden!! They cant defect you for having one. POD maybe as its aftermarket, but the VS S/C came out with them standard.... why would this be different to have one on any other commodore? Hmmm....

I use a stock air box at the moment. When i move on to redesign my air intake system, i will use a VS S/C CAI, pipe that into an inclosed see-through perspex box. That will have a POD filter in it. I will also have a custom CAI pipe made up that will run from the bottom of my front bar. It will also be piped into this sealed air tight box. This will eliminate all the issues of a standard POD filter and therefore make mine an optimal system as far as i can gather from the information provided.

aZk.