Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POD Overrated

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
The way I understand it..

CAI = Doing Mary-Kate Olsen
Pod = Doing Ashley Olsen

CAI + POD = A **** load better then doing them individually.. No matter how good it can be..

Just_Ice

Reaction score
OTRCAI seems the way to go for those GENIII owners..... Avaibale for MAFles tunes only though.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I dont know if this has been asked or stated yet as i havnt read the whole lot.

Would people agree.. trying to prove which is better either POD or CAI, on a dyno. Would be useless? as underbonnet temperatures are not at there normal level?

Just_Ice

Reaction score
This is one question that I reckon is brought up once a week:b: :shutup: ......... Its up to personal choice.........:dance:

S

smoke_it

iv got a vt with a vx ss front bumper, i made up a ducting thats 2 1/2 that goes from where the driving lights usually are and into the side of the air box and a k&n pad filter you dont need to cut any metal the pipe fits through easily under the headlight, you just need to cut the black plastic thing and a bit of the bumper where it sits. i think it made some difference.

has any one heard of putting a resistor in your temp sensor plug instead of having the sensor, it is ment to make ur car think its getting colder air and give you more power, i got one from ebay and put it in. prob made no noticable difference, has anyone elce tried these things?

Just_Ice

Reaction score
smoke_it said:
has any one heard of putting a resistor in your temp sensor plug instead of having the sensor, it is ment to make ur car think its getting colder air and give you more power, i got one from ebay and put it in. prob made no noticable difference, has anyone elce tried these things?

Think you my have got sucked in by one of the eBay lurkers........ How would that work when it actually needs cold air, not thinking its cold.......

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Shounak said:
CAI = Doing Mary-Kate Olsen
Pod = Doing Ashley Olsen

CAI + POD = A **** load better then doing them individually.. No matter how good it can be..
You mean they'll be legal in a couple of years? :D

But seriously, you can be defected for a CAI and/or Pod.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Ludacris said:
OTRCAI seems the way to go for those GENIII owners..... Avaibale for MAFles tunes only though.
Not true. You can get them for MAF tunes. Have been able to for ages now.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Z()LTAN said:
Dyno testing with a pod will work best because of the fact its not moving and can still suck lots of air, whereas the cai setup needs air rushing to make it work (air ram effect), now u may say "hey they use a fan dont they in these dyno tests?" well yes they do but thats soley for the radiator, makes no diff for air intake, thats y u see pods making a better benchmark.

Well, thats not entirely true. As far as I can see CAI doesn't necessary mean that you need the speed to get the ram air effect. Depends how its set up. CAI in my opinion just leads to anything that leads to exactly what its called. I.e. having the filter out of the bay, having it in the guard etc - preventing heat soak.

I guess the only problem with CAI on a dyno is that heat soak would effect it more then it would when you were moving.

Shounak, Ashley and Mary-Kate - that was the best comparison I've heard.

I'd go the pod with the CAI, when I get my setup back I'm going to try and figure out how I'm going to go about it. Leaning towards a pod with CAI for now.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i didnt get the resistor off ebay but i copied the idea and got resistor from school and put the resistor in the senor socket and it worked lol i was suprised, the guy on ebay uses 3.3k ohm resistor so i put that in and it takes off better and it acclerates faster and you dont need to put your foot down as much to get the same speed ,

the less resistance in the resistor the colder the ecu will think the air is im gonna try a 3k resistor next, im using a cai setup, i reckon pods are dogey

lol but so is this mod.

Last edited: