Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Policeman on mobile.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
good luck;)

you wouldn't have a leg to stand on
Tell that to the 17 year old kid that got away with speeding in his dads merc because "it's what it was made for i was only treating the car the way it was built It was built to go fast" ;). over 200kmph He got away with it:whistling..

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Tell that to the 17 year old kid that got away with speeding in his dads merc because "it's what it was made for i was only treating the car the way it was built It was built to go fast" ;). over 200kmph He got away with it:whistling..

Where'd you hear that? I'm finding that very hard to believe...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
BTW, I don't know if I'd try and eat a donut and drive at the same time. Heaven knows, I might get the donut and the steering wheel mixed up or even worse I might mistake the donut for my wife. Hey, I'm only a stupid COP you know!!!

Speaking of which - do you guys have sat nav yet so you can find the location of all the donut shops without having to resort to the street directory all the time? (Oh - it might come in handy going to burglaries etc too).

Reaper

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Where'd you hear that? I'm finding that very hard to believe...
ACA a few years ago,
The kid belonged to some rich dude who knew some guy i believe to be in some public thing gov something? When the kid was released by the judge as you could imagine hell broke out after the descion. Honest i would love to see it again to know what speeds over 150 he was doing.. I know this 100% he got away with it because of that lame excuse, But as they people said at the time daddy must have had hand under table or something.
I'm simple vague on full details because it's a few years ago, But the one thing i remember was he reason for speeding and he got off.

SlipStream

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina sII - V6
Helly mate, great explanation I back that up 100% from a NSW police perspective.

Man those XR6T goes like a bullet.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
ACA a few years ago,
The kid belonged to some rich dude who knew some guy i believe to be in some public thing gov something? When the kid was released by the judge as you could imagine hell broke out after the descion. Honest i would love to see it again to know what speeds over 150 he was doing.. I know this 100% he got away with it because of that lame excuse, But as they people said at the time daddy must have had hand under table or something.
I'm simple vague on full details because it's a few years ago, But the one thing i remember was he reason for speeding and he got off.

Anton Faber Castell, 17 years old, caught driving a BMW 740i at 200Kph in a 110 zone. Pleaded guilty, no conviction recorded, paid 60 odd dollars in court costs. While I agree it's crap I don't see the relevance to this thread?

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Speaking of which - do you guys have sat nav yet so you can find the location of all the donut shops without having to resort to the street directory all the time? (Oh - it might come in handy going to burglaries etc too).

Reaper

No, not yet as standard. I believe that its a LAC cost issue, so you can apply through your command to get one if you can show cause as to why you need it, and they can afford it in their budget. But its not fleet standard thing.

We are supposed to have a UBD thing on our car computers, which links up with our GPS locators, to show us where we are, but I've never seen it working... And I'm not surprised either... Anyone that actually believes that we really are a 'State of the Art' police force really needs to ride along with us for a week, and see just how frustrating our so called 'Hight Tech' equipment can be at times...

The bottom line is we don't need any of the gear they crap on about to do our jobs well... We need a simple system that just works... We keep getting new toys all the time, just when the old ones start to work properly!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No, not yet as standard. I believe that its a LAC cost issue, so you can apply through your command to get one if you can show cause as to why you need it, and they can afford it in their budget. But its not fleet standard thing.

We are supposed to have a UBD thing on our car computers, which links up with our GPS locators, to show us where we are, but I've never seen it working... And I'm not surprised either... Anyone that actually believes that we really are a 'State of the Art' police force really needs to ride along with us for a week, and see just how frustrating our so called 'Hight Tech' equipment can be at times...

The bottom line is we don't need any of the gear they crap on about to do our jobs well... We need a simple system that just works... We keep getting new toys all the time, just when the old ones start to work properly!

I was sitting next to a police car in Dandenong last night and they had a navman on the windscreen. Looked like a general duties car to me. Having used a TomTom for just over a year, I'm firmly of the opinion that all emergency vehicles should have one as standard equipment.

Reaper

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
All police cars should show up on our GPS's so we can see were u are all the time!