Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Same re the sleeper, got noticed at the shops tonight though under lights, funny what some folks eyes are attuned to. He was disappointed the rest of the system wasn't in :)

Not hard at all, once the bar is off and stuff like PS and trans cooler out the way, you can just pull the rad out a touch to get to the two 10mm bolts inside the engine bay, then the condenser falls out. Rest of the piping is soft and plyable although I just cut off the pipe from the compressor to the condenser, the rest I folded up. If you had the time you could pull it all out fairly easily.

Just remember to get the right serpentine belt before you rip out the compressor!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No. I didn't have the time today to strip it out, otherwise I probably would have.

Do you have the non AC belt available Tim? What's the cost if that's affirmative?

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I have no non ac belt size as I am not sure how the belt will run with no AC comp

The experiment is all yours to try

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I thought I might have to, but instead I modded the bracket a touch, so there's no strain, perfect fit. I figure the plumbing has enough give for the extra few mm it sits inwards :)

Amazing how many people noticed it at work today. So tempted to call in sick for the rest of the week........

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
I'll give you the non AC belt size this afternoon, as I have an Ecotec and have skipped the AC compressor.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Should be able to find one on holmart perhaps
And okay cheers I'll see if it is worth doing probably not much use if I am gonna chuck an 8 in there

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'll give you the non AC belt size this afternoon, as I have an Ecotec and have skipped the AC compressor.

All good thanks dude, from what Tim's saying this is experimental territory when the SC goes on. Looking at the belt diagram it looks somewhat like there would be an awful acute angle of belt on the SC pulley when it runs to the lower idler/crank pulley.

I'll leave the compressor on as a pressure dispersal pulley :)

If I could have spent the time to salvage the AC I probably would have, but once I got the front end off, I realised what a PITA it would be with this flapping great intercooler.

On a side note, drove a mates GTi-R today. Holy crap, it's a nice car, I can't wait to get blown (and if I play my cards right tonight in more ways than one).

Last edited: