Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post tunes

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
I will say yes, it's possible. The tune is what makes all the difference, but I would be wary of an 80kW increase without other mods, you can lean it out to produce more power but it's not very good for the engine. More peak kW doesn't necessarily mean better or faster. If you were to go with a mail order tune, I would recommend MACE, they also offer data logging and a free touch up tune.
Sent them a email , they do not do mail order tunes for my car .

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
This is for a post in the mail tune .
Are you against the notion of a proper dyno tuning? Personally, I would wait until you have done the breathing, in and out...then go get a good custom tune. Costs more than magic boxes, but the difference is night and day,.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sent them a email , they do not do mail order tunes for my car .

I thought that they would be by now, a few years ago they didn't do them but planned to.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
It’s because the magical ‘at flywheel’ number can be magically inflated...how will you tell if the tune works without comparative before and after dyno runs?

80kw with no mods and a tube in the post...keep believing it.
Spot on @Tryg . You have to get a before and after. My old LS1 got a full tune on the dyno and before they started got 160kW. Once they had finished they got 227kW. If you work that out, it's a 41.9% increase. If you take the stock tune as factory stated at 225kW at the engine, that makes it about 320kW at the engine.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Yep you need before and after. My VF1 SS on the same dyno at the wheels made just over 280hp stock (~210kw), 350hp with bolt ons and dyno tune (~260kw), and 440hp (~330kw) with a 232/234/114lsa/.600lift camshaft.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I think I have mentioned this before. Not only do you need before and after but which before? My car which was spending its life in city traffic and driven conservatively usually, gained around 30-40 rwkw over 4 runs. Each run gained around 10rwkw. This was purely because the Ecu was readjusting after each pull and blowing away my sedate driving from its memory. The tuner made no changes at all.

Since fitting the W557 and now knowing what I saw on the dyno, my driving habits have changed :)