Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post up you mace mods and power figure

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i got the calais to do the clunk on command yesterday, got the missus to drive full lock right while i jumped under the car and held on to the fuel tank and got dragged along (only going like .5kmh) you can see both axle binding up from insided the diff then letting go with a bang at the same time. lsd is fu%^ed i think! im gonna take it out and put the single pegger back in. and source a lsd rebulid kit.

and staying with topic i dont have apower figure yet to go with my 1/4 times but i estimate between 150-170rwkw maybe?

If it was diff chatter you would know because the inside wheel would be trying to skip (If the LSD was locking). from the factory the pre-load on the cones/backlash on the spider gears isn't ideal for performance conditions. This is the reason they single peg fairly easily when abused. When you get the LSD rebuilt make sure they fit a decent spring for the cones pre-load and set the spider gear back lash properly, the LSD will last a LOT longer this way.

Being a IRS model car, check the diff mounts as well as this can also cause issues with traction :)