Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post ur lowered pics and prices

boordy_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 "HBD" Berlina
Original Height is shown

And then with King Spring Lows in front and rear.

Attachments

• P2010062edit.jpg
    P2010062edit.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 193
  • PC160052edit.jpg
    PC160052edit.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 232

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
hope this works, vr v8 manual with ssl's, front and back. only problem scrape exhaust and rear camber wears out inside of tyres so need to peel and rotate every 10kms, hope you like the look.

Attachments

• DSCN1920.jpg
    DSCN1920.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN1919.jpg
    DSCN1919.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCN1918.jpg
    DSCN1918.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 336

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
hope this works, vr v8 manual with ssl's, front and back. only problem scrape exhaust and rear camber wears out inside of tyres so need to peel and rotate every 10kms, hope you like the look.

What do you mean by peel your tyres?

car look's good by the way

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
What do you mean by peel your tyres?

car look's good by the way

thanx for the comment re the look .regarding the tyres, maybe peeling is not the right word, so what i mean is that you have to take the tyre off the rim and swap from left to right and right to left so that the inside left becomes the outside right so that you can get some even wear and a little more life out of the tyre.
another thing to be weary of is wet weater, although a lot of fun you have to be real careful as there is limitted tyre mass contact on the road and it becomes very loose in the rear ive had the odd roundabout slip side ways without meaning to do it, or even the up hill take off and changeing from ist to 2nd and just lightly accelerating and as the revs climb you can feel the car loosing traction......fun when you mean to do it, but not when you dont

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Ok I will shed as much light on this topic as I can, I'm actually surprised you guys havn't mentioned any of this info.
My vs in my avatar is the car I gained this experience with.
First of all, Kings vs Pedders (things may have changed since as my experience dates back 5 years)
I have owned both and my personal opinion is kings win hands down, there is just no comparison. Now this may not be the case for everyone as I like my cars real low. First I purchased pedders springs and shocks, as low as I could get, When I picked my car up from full install I thort has it even been lowered?
It was lowered but just not to my lowness. ride was reasonable but very firm. I had both shortened shocks and springs in and hated it.
I decided to do some research and this what i found. Kings do a much more ride friendly spring then pedders, only when you install kings (generally) because of the softer rate you will find your car will be riding on bump stop more.
I purchased a set of v6 Kings SSL front and rear. Once installing them I realised that pedders lowered front shocks are no different in length to standard shocks and rears were only marginaly shorter. This in turn didn't even keep the pedders springs I had captive and when I installed my kings SSL they were no where near captive when car was fully lifted. now with kings SSL all round and pedders shortened shocks all round it rode like a bucket of bolts.
After much more research I discovered it was not the springs that was making my ride so bad, infact the front shocks lasted around 5000km. I made alot of phone calls and the only front shock i could find that was actually shorter in length was an Ultima shock. After purchasing these and installing them, my springs were 98% captive and ride was un believably good. After replacing 2 sets of sway bar bushes I also installed a Whiteline Adustable sway bar.
Now to the rear. I couldn't find any brand that made a shorter shock than pedders so I stuck with them. The rear was still riding very ruff as it was basically sitting on bumpstops, first I removed the bumpstops and went for a drive and was so suprised at how smooth it rode. So I shortened the bumpstops as much as pactical and re-fitted them. After this I was able to remove both upper and lower spring rubbers and still had a smooth ride. Still smoother than it ever rode with pedders springs and shocks in it.
Just my personal experience, but I hope it helps some one wit there experience

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Now for some questions for you guys. After owning my last vs and luvin it so much I decided to buy another. Only this time I bort a vs series 2 calais 5.0ltr.
I want to lower my new ride similar to my old one but I wanted to know if products have changed since then and if there are better options and also some info on setting up my IRS properely?
Do kings and monroe now make a shortened shock to suit Kings SSL (I seen and ad stateing that kings and monroe had teamed up to make a smooth riding spring and shock combo for lowered commodores)? What is the best camber kit to use for rear of my car (at SSL ride hieght)? Are there any other options available with sway bar link pins?

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
KING SPRINGS AND MONROE GT SPORT SHOCKS ......FTW

Smooth as ride i have just gone from standard/raised height in my vs ute to kings lowered and gt sport shocks/struts and it rides and handles soooooo much better.
It's like wearing a nice comfy slipper now.