Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I did a VE about a week ago, used high level inputs on an Alpine amp, disconnected all standard speakers from the standard stereo and ran MTX splits in the front doors, plus a MTX boxed sub. Wired it all up, all good.....turn the key on and nothing, triple check all my wiring....nothing. So i disconnected the high level inputs and temporarily connected a stock speaker to one of the outputs, still nothing. The owner took it back to Holden and they said they unit shat itself because there was no speakers connected...WTF???
Anyway im up for $500+ for a new unit.

Point of the story is i aint touching those damn VEs again, unless someone wants an aftermarket unit fitted ;)

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
hey holden boy i ended up rethinking what im putting in my system
I am still considering the jl audio w3v3 subs but im only getting 1 now in a h.o wege box witch would sound smicko... i did buy the kicker 5ch amp to all that were talking about it and im only goin to run 1 w3 12'' off it. im more into sound quality rather then spl although that 1 sub keeps up with 2 or even 3 subs and i got a good deal for it soo im considering getting that in the speatialy designed box :D shood sound good and maby in the future get a w7 witch will shake cars next to me haha. sorry for the spelling everyone

currently running:
jenson 7'' dvd flipout headunit
4x pioneer 4 way 280watt conixals speakers (in the doors)
2x jl audio TR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers
kicker zx700.5 5 channle amp
12'' jl audio w3v3 sub in a h.o ported wedge box

gettting good splits wen i get the money but the pionners sound pretty good at the front for now :)
if anyone has anything against this im over it plz i enjoy my music and i got all my equipment at a resonalble price so i cant complain ;)

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I haven't been on for awhile, but have just been reading,and I suggest you go and join some kind of wierd transgender forum...stay off our great site, stop clogging up good threads with your garbage, you proved a number of times already that you know jack **** about car audio, and are being rude to the those who do know what they are talking about, and were offering helpful advice...

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
mate i even made myself clear before about this and he even apologized to me if u are referring to that then u should read it again sorry if i offended u but its people like u that have to say something to rip on ****s like me that **** up sites like this so u can get stuffed mate i don't care what u say. That just proves that u started this argument why don't YOU **** off from this site or leave me alone. this is why i hate forums.

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
you made my head hurt, i just can't take in that much **** in one sitting

Never had gastro?:p

mate i even made myself clear before about this and he even apologized to me if u are referring to that then u should read it again sorry if i offended u but its people like u that have to say something to rip on ****s like me that **** up sites like this so u can get stuffed mate i don't care what u say. That just proves that u started this argument why don't YOU **** off from this site or leave me alone. this is why i hate forums.

No ones making you stay bud, after all you hate forums..

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Settle guys, thats not what this thread is about.
Sounds like you will have a nice system Luke. Anything else that people might say is just their own opinion, and is usually given as friendly advice.
Whenever you post on a public forum you will get people with different opinions to you, and if you are going to lose it everytime someone disagrees with you then maybe that's not the kind of place for you.

At the end of it all, you are building a system for yourself, and if it sounds good to you then thats all that matters. Some of us will offer advice that we think might improve it for you, but its totally up to you whether you act on the combined knowledge that a forum like this offers.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The thing is that if you act like a dick, you'll be treated like a dick... So think before posting :)

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
Philthy thx yeah i understand sorry guys if i was a dick. yeah this is my first forum site soo guess thats why im soo jumpy. yeah your right let them say what they want thats what a forum is about true haha.
cheers guys! :thumbsup: