Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your wheels VF2

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Those HF-20 are a nice design but the problem with the stock Holden and HSV rims is the offset are way too conservative.
Yeah, Holden were too worried about driveability & handling & performance, and ignored the way more important attribute of appearance!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yeah, Holden were too worried about driveability & handling & performance, and ignored the way more important attribute of appearance!
Like their current imported offerings focused toward appearance?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Isn't offset from the centre not a great idea anyway?

I got Prussian steel and am undecided either to go black or grey hsv rims. Also undecided to blackout the rest.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Like their current imported offerings focused toward appearance?
We’re talking about bits that bolt to the car; style within fixed dimensions can be affected by cost & designer ability, but changing something like offset costs nothing.

Current imported offerings? Holden has no input on style or function, they’re stuck buying whatever the GM world will deign to build in correct-hand-drive.

What’s way more important is the fact that now I’ve posted my wheels, I can’t drive anywhere!!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Isn't offset from the centre not a great idea anyway?

I got Prussian steel and am undecided either to go black or grey hsv rims. Also undecided to blackout the rest.
I'd go shadow chrome.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
These seem to be the most common option available so probably will. I'm worried about scratching a 2nd hand $3k+ set of wheels but at least with grey/black touch up is easier than silver/chrome
I'd go shadow chrome.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
What 20170904_155243.jpeg

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Resized_20190115_070951.jpeg

a fair few people here have koyas
these are the sf11, 20x9.5 front, 20x10 rears
they are semi forged and built to your car specs including colour, offset and stud pattern, a great company to deal with and your looking at $3000 with tyres, genuine hsv wheels can range from $4500 up to $6000

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

There are other manufacturers that can provide visually better offsets for there performance models and still manage to finish up with vehicles that have driveability, handling and performance, Jaguar, Skoda, VW, Honda, Audi, BMW & Mercedes to mention a few and also sports models like Camaro and Mustang and don't forget the need to use a ladder to get into the car.

Even Holden when debuting the VF2 had the car lowered and wheel spacers fitted for the media release because of the unsightly height.

Those Commodores that Holden 'ignored the way more important attribute of appearance' really did sell in the squillions for the dealers.

Wise move Holden.

This is the car I was given to test, what a lovely look that is and that at the time was their performance flagship.

IMG_1911a.jpg

And this is the media release.

Commodore-VFII-4.jpg

Last edited: