Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] powder coated rims?

brockee

(HOUSE OF POWER)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 SENATOR SIG CAMMD A4
shiftysle ya dead right mate !!!if there prepd right u shoulded not hava problem+ they look alot shinyer 2:w00t:power coat does look nice 2 but yea paintnz alot cheapr

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
95% of wheels on the market including every standard wheel is painted, just like a car spray job, if the prep, paint and clear are done properly, you wont get flaking, unless your wheels fall off, but that hasn't happened to me yet.:whistling

Theres a huge difference between a factory wheel and a wheel you take into your local panel beater to paint.......

If your paying for the job, why not get powdercoated, it is better quality. And from the prices people have been quoted by a panel beater, cheaper aswell. Can't beat that.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
My personal opinion is paint, a lot more different color, finishes, effects and easiest if you want to polish up parts of the rim to a high chrome, ie the lip. Also colors can be added into the clear coat for effect and pearl. When it comes to a lot of things on cars, cheaper isn't always and usually isn't the best option. The main reason I'm waiting for my MOMO's to come in is the quality of the finish, the price isn't that much different and they don't look cheap. (which I do agree some painted rims do) I think some powdercoated rims can look cheap and without being accused of a being a gutter driver again, they can chip. I am only speaking from personal experiences after at least ten cars where I always took pride in the rims. Bashed up rims are the best way to make a nice car look crap.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Obviously we both have different experiences with powdercoating then. Your the first person i've heard of that says they crack, probably be the last aswell.

Not sure what you mean about lack of colours for powdercoating. When i had mine done, he said he had 16 blacks, just to show the range of colours he could do for me. If i wanted an actual colour, there were 100s to choose from.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Obviously we both have different experiences with powdercoating then. Your the first person i've heard of that says they crack, probably be the last aswell.

I'm happy with that, you're the first person that I have heard say it doesn't chip, and that's coming from the mouths of a lot of show car builders, I'm aware that people have their own opinions.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm happy with that, you're the first person that I have heard say it doesn't chip, and that's coming from the mouths of a lot of show car builders, I'm aware that people have their own opinions.

:rolleyes:

W45H1NGT0N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
hey guys
BROCKEE: who did you get to paint your rims? was it in mandurah?
VICTIMIZA: theres a mob in mandurah that does powdercoating in the industrial area they want will do; bead blasting and powdercoating for 130 per rim, or just powdercoating for 80 per rim.
as far as i know these guys do the powder coating for all the concrete trucks in mandurah and also all the powdercoating for the mandurah city counsil(like handrails and benches). I was just there and WOW there finished products look like wet paint with no imperfections and a very shiney gloss finish.

Squelcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon, super stock from gran
Try SupaCoat in Welshpool!
30-50 bucks a rim however they have to be previously sandblasted!
08 9358 9444 ;)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Try SupaCoat in Welshpool!
30-50 bucks a rim however they have to be previously sandblasted!
08 9358 9444 ;)

They might have thought about it 3 years ago

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride