Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power steering leak, help needed.

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
easy fix is to get a gasket kit take the pump apart replace all gaskets o rings and fit back to vehicle me and a friend have done this twice now easy to do takes about 30 min never leaked after

Yep! really easy.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
my VT was leaking through the steering rack itself into the outer boot!!! When Holden inspected the steering rack they slid the boots off and discovered them dripping fluid.

The pump was also shot due to low fluid levels (no matter how often I topped it up). Both were replaced with refurbished units from coventrys, cost me $2,500 fitted by Holden.

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
my VT was leaking through the steering rack itself into the outer boot!!! When Holden inspected the steering rack they slid the boots off and discovered them dripping fluid.

The pump was also shot due to low fluid levels (no matter how often I topped it up). Both were replaced with refurbished units from coventrys, cost me $2,500 fitted by Holden.

Is your arse still hurting from the reaming?
Firstly, if you had shopped around you could have picked up an exchange rack for $200.00 to $250.00. AC Delco reconditioned pump add another $150.00. This should not have cost more than $700.00 to fix. Next time you are in Sydney I have a harbour bridge for sale.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2

!!!!!!!!!!! Man, that's bad, are you fairdinkum, 2 1/2 grand?:hmmm:

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN

lol 250 for reco rack ,2hr labor out front on road

dylanstone

tsu tsu tsu tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT executive
hey guys,
i have a vt and teh steering goes super stiff at low speeds (parking) and around roundabouts
what would the problem be and if there is one how much would it be to fix?
cheers.