Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power train warning

Sv6vzute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
2006 vz ute Sv6.
anyone had this too?
intermittent then continuing power train warning appeared. Sometimes engine limited sometimes not.
OBC2 check reveals #5 coil or plug intermittent breakdown. I disconnected the coil loom wire from #5 and on a hunch also disconnected both computers. Upon reconnecting and starting engine, no problem, no warnings. I am thinking I had dirty coil pins. That was 400klms ago and still powering along beautifully. Total cost - nil ( have a auto transmission expert friend who had the testing machine) fingers crossed

Alzoner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore ute
Hey how did it go in the end? Mines doing the same thing intermittently and it’s driving me mental!

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
@Alzoner
Follow the same procedure and grab a scan tool and check the codes. That will point you in the right direction. While you are waiting to beg, borrow or buy the scanner search this site and download a copy of the VT - VZ workshop manual (it is the genuine Holden dealer one) so you can follow the diagnostics table to sort your problem. It is likely to be something simple like the issue above; however, you won't know where to look until you decipher what the computer is reacting to.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls