Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Windows stuffed

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
All go up and down except the front passenger one..Can't go anywhere or else my sub my will get flogged and its really annoying...

Ive been told a fuse, but the fuse is fine since all the others work, any know how to fix or what it'll cost me?

Thx every1:bang:

Redbackute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute (1.5), VP Sedan, VU SS Ute
You need to isolate your problem mate.

It could be a burnt out motor.
The window might have come off the track.
The switch might be shagged.
It could just be a loose connection.

Are you any good with auto wiring? If so I will try and steer you in the correct direction.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Sounds familiar :p I had a thread on this (I think it might be the same problem) I'll find it and post it here

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Id pull off the door trim n check connections to the motor, also check that the wires runnin from car to inside doors are not broken.

But yea u will have to isolate the problem a bit more, could just be the plug onto the switch isnt connecting right.

Last edited:

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
if it helps..that window always had a problem... id have to sit in the car repeatedly perssing down the button and it'd eventualyl go up after a minute or so...But now it wont go up at alll lol.

I aint taht great with cars so i dotn really wanna pull it apart...yet.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Better not cost me $260 or else ill thorow the car in the fkn bin...

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can you hear a clicking sound when you try and get it to go up? Coming from around the dash area?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Its a bit tricky with the info you have given, but definitely sounds like a dodgy switch. Especially if it would work after a few presses. Pop the switch out. On each side of the switch that you press, there is a hole with a small plastic shaft sitting in it. If you push them both out and up, you can slowly work the switch out of the housing. From there, you will probably simply need to realign a small vertical mounted plate. Otherwise go pick one up from the wreaker.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
The window actally goes down..coz wen i press down it always goes down and trys to go down but its down as far as it goes.. No clicking sound from dash...

Took out switch from middle console near handbreake..pushed em all tight..still nothin.