Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NZ] Powerglide woes

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
I am having an annoying, recurring problem with a pooglide I have put in my daily dirver.

It is really weird, when the car is not running, and in any gear other than park, the driveshaft spins freely and doesn't drag. Start the horrible thing up, and the driveshaft locks up solid, and when you put yer foot on the gas pedal, it pulls the engine down and loads it up ....it sounds like a car with the trans brake engaged.

The box has been slightly modified, it has extra top gear clutches, and a manual valve body in it. My first thought is that it may be a hydraulic problem, faulty valve body maybe???

Has anyone got any ideas, as I would love to have the heap fixed for the final meeting at MMP (our local strip) in April.

Cheers, Marty

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I am having an annoying, recurring problem with a pooglide I have put in my daily dirver.

It is really weird, when the car is not running, and in any gear other than park, the driveshaft spins freely and doesn't drag. Start the horrible thing up, and the driveshaft locks up solid, and when you put yer foot on the gas pedal, it pulls the engine down and loads it up ....it sounds like a car with the trans brake engaged.

The box has been slightly modified, it has extra top gear clutches, and a manual valve body in it. My first thought is that it may be a hydraulic problem, faulty valve body maybe???

Has anyone got any ideas, as I would love to have the heap fixed for the final meeting at MMP (our local strip) in April.

Cheers, Marty

did you adjust the band properly Loosen the band adjusting screw lock nut on the left side of the case. Back the nut of at least 6 turns. Tighten the adjusting screw to 72 inch pounds and back it off 4 turns counterclockwise. Hold the adjusting screw in place and tighten the lock nut. if that dont help ide be looking at the clutch pack too tight or a cross leak in the valvebody

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks dude, I will go over it again tomorrow and see if I have missed something.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
been wondering why you havnt needed that tune yet LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, there are the gearbox woes, and then there are the non existent adapters for my oddball injectors. I might have to run on the old 270CC squirters for a few days...