Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PowerVox Amplifiers

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
so has anyone used them, heard them?

im actually considering buying a 4 channel to run my speakers, i have around 50-70 bucks to spend on an amp to use for temporally,

im only after 100rms+ @ 2ohm x2 or 40 or at least 50rms @ 4ohm x4. i was looking in second hand ones and couldnt find what i was after for what i was willing to spend on it.

my old amp was only 60x4 and they sounded nice

on the head unit i cant go past volume 33/40 or the speakers start to blur up..

back to the point, i dont want any bass coming from the speakers so i dont need a good quality amp, im probs get a new one when i get tweeters anyway (when i get a job haha) , also i dont like screaming speakers so i dont really care if they dont go much louder than they do now, as long as they dont blur up when i turn the volume up, il be happy. do you guys rekon the PowerVox amp will work fine and not wreck the speakers? < there really cheap and cant really trust it without doing my research first

btw the speakers are 4 Kicker DS600

anyway i was looking at getting this one

also taht amp has a 10A fuse so i dont think it would provide 70rms x4

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Powervox amps are great as door stops, wheel chocks, and bludgeoning tools for use against people who touch your car, other than that they are useless. Dodgy internal components that will likely do damage to your speakers. But if your very lucky you may even find one that won't burn your car to the ground.

Anyway that my opinion :)

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
Powervox amps are great as door stops, wheel chocks, and bludgeoning tools for use against people who touch your car, other than that they are useless. Dodgy internal components that will likely do damage to your speakers. But if your very lucky you may even find one that won't burn your car to the ground.

Anyway that my opinion :)

i kinda was expecting to hear something like that from most of the ppl

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Yeah I haven't heard good things. I'd just wait and buy a decent one instead of buying a temporary amp, save yourself some money lol. Worst comes to worst you can just run your speakers off the headunit for time being.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Just as said here, very poorly constructed amps, i've only seen 1 used in a mate's car, it almost caught fire. I wouldn't go near one with a ten foot pole, considering most of the time for $60 - $70 delivered you can get a ~50wrms x 4 @4ohm brand name amp on eBay .. even an old kenwood or something is miles ahead of a powervox.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline