Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PowerVox Amplifiers

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
yeah haha might get it old school alpine lols

Old school alpine is awesome, in many cases i'd take good condition old school gear over new gear.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
yeah would the old school stuff get hot quicker and that

I don't really understand what you said here, are you asking if the older alpine amps get hotter quicker compared to the new ones? If so, possibly compared to a newer PDX amp or something, but it's not really an issue, if the amp is installed correctly and tuned correctly it will not overheat.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I don't really understand what you said here, are you asking if the older alpine amps get hotter quicker compared to the new ones? If so, possibly compared to a newer PDX amp or something, but it's not really an issue, if the amp is installed correctly and tuned correctly it will not overheat.

ohh umm i mean like, the newer amps have better cooling? or umm the old amps have been running so long that they just dont stay as cool as they did wen they were new? i mean like wear and tear or it will still use its full potential

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
if its only tempory theres no reason u couldnt use the powervox 1. specially 4 $50 and making sure ur matching up ur speakers RMS and set the gains right. if anything ur just gonna lose clearity up high but hey its only tempory right?

i say this coz i know how bad boss audio is but i have had 2 of these running in my old magna LOL 4 6 years and they never caught fire or missed a beat and till this day they still work, got them store in the cubboard still, i think its all about how u set them really every1 always tries 2 over power them and thats wen trouble starts.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
I'm running powervox temporarily, no issues all good

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
yeah i saw some ppl with powervox in there cars ages ago and i couldnt remember who had them lols umm yeah its only temporally my speakers are 50rms each and it is 70rms and of course the gains are going to be low probably so there defs wont be any stress on the amp, im bidding on one so if i end up getting it real CHEAP il give it ago i think or il just dunno.. yet id rather get something brand new than old second hand but if its soemthing like alpine im sure it will be ok, so im still deciding

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Iv got a brand new 4 x 70 rms red amp, 50 + postage n it's urs