Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price Of Oil?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I went past my closest servo today and the price of 91 is $189.9....Up from 144.9 or 145.9 yesterday..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oil dropped $78p/b today, Petrol going over $2L later this week.
Does the govt still have a petrol watchdog, Or is it asleep?
Prime minister will be calling the petrol companies to account..... I dare say they will certainly listen and not raise prices. I mean they have listened to him in the past, right??

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Prime minister will be calling the petrol companies to account..... I dare say they will certainly listen and not raise prices. I mean they have listened to him in the past, right??
You mean he will be calling the petrol companies for his kickback for sitting on his hands.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
this gov bagged out the last gov for calling up the power company's to get cheaper prices for us, so i doubt they will be doing the same for petrol to help anyone out we all just have to suck it up :(

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I can really see the gov't sticking their nose in with fuel prices... :rolleyes:

I hear on the news about the looming excise finishing....

Normally Shell puts their prices up, during the week and 2 or 3 days later BP follow....

This week, both put it up on Sunday at the same time....

Bloody convenient me thinks and it ain't even school holiday time, so that discounts that as the excuse....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well the prime ministers message about not to panic buy fuel has worked well....:rolleyes: I filled my last 11L jerry and topped the tank again to the top of the neck. Talking to the girl at Ampol she said the 91 amost run out. She also said the truck driver gets a notification on how the tanks are fairing at Ampol and as a result he was there tonight when I got there just before 6 00.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Dunno about elsewhere but it seems the servos have timed the high point of the cycle to coincide with the removal of the excise so they can jack the price well over $2.00 per litre.

Terminal gate price is a bit over $1.50 so even adding 22cpl in excise plus a 30cpl margin at the top of the fuel cycle only just gets to the price we are currently paying now as fuel is about $1.98 per litre here.

ACCC where are you? Asleep as usual!

https://aip.com.au/pricing/terminal-gate-prices

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I have 140 litres of 98 in jerry's here and will go to top up my car later and fill the missus car. She went to do it twice today and said queues were out on the road so gave up. Like everyone else filling up early we don't trust the bastards to not price gouge as soon as the excise comes back on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ohhhh, that's terrible more people who didn't listen to the Prime Minister and not panic buy.... I think its laughable that he even believed people would heed to his request....