Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems installing tacho

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This is the colour code for 10k 1/4 watt,
14491-02.jpg

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

ltdslip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2SS
Whats known as a pull-up resistor, It needs to be 10kohm for sure but as far as the wattage rating there's little heat going to be dissipated by the resistor,
so 1/4w or 1/2w it wont be a issue.
Search for 5v to 12v pull-up resistors or tacho pull-up resistors

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It needs to be 10kohm for sure but as far as the wattage rating there's little heat going to be dissipated by the resistor,
so 1/4w or 1/2w it wont be a issue.
Yeah I thought so, but wasn't game to say just in case something went wrong, cheers.

Cannman07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Update on my tacho problem
After getting a 10k .5 watt resistor and hooking it up it made no difference so I emailed the SAAS tech support and after telling them all of the above they asked me to send the unit back so they could test it. It tested fine but they sent me a new one in case the other had an intermittent fault. Installed the new one with the same result as before so emailed them again and they said it has to be weak rpm signal as the smaller tacho works and the big tacho has power, they told me to I install a 1k .5 watt resistor but this didn't work either. I'm not sure what to do now as I've tried all suggestions. Any ideas at all would be appreciated.