Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems starting VT

Maddog0077

First Time holden Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Excec series II
as I want to try & start a trend of actually updating threads, after a solution has been found. I think this forum is great, but too many threads are left to die, without the end fix being reveled. :bang:

Anyway rant over, I got a New key today from Holden. as i needed a spare anyway, & i wanted to try that before anything else in the ignition. It seems to have fixed my starting problems. guess my old one wasn't talking to the immobiliser very well. Hope this helps others in the future. Thanks for everyone's help.:)

VTCommoDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE
Most battery places will check it for free. Sounds like a new battery is needed or new plus or new starter motor needed.
Try battery first, the simplest answers are often the correct ones.

crew.man

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series II v6 auto
have had look at that site, good info, but doesnt explain what symptoms of faults are very clearly, just made me more confused as to what to do.

Car played up real bad today, had to try at least 10 times to get it to start. half of those times was turning the key but nothing happening at all. so wonder if its actually getting worse.

mine is doing exactly the same thing too. i have a 99 vt series 2
i can go all day and no problems other times everytime i start it it will either kick over and then stop so id try again and it might just do nothing at all then eventually after about 5 to 10 times it starts??? although i have noticed when it does kick over if i stop it half way and try again it starts so was the key the answer to all your problems and how much did it cost from where
cheers Peter

Maddog0077

First Time holden Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Excec series II
mine is doing exactly the same thing too. i have a 99 vt series 2
i can go all day and no problems other times everytime i start it it will either kick over and then stop so id try again and it might just do nothing at all then eventually after about 5 to 10 times it starts??? although i have noticed when it does kick over if i stop it half way and try again it starts so was the key the answer to all your problems and how much did it cost from where
cheers Peter

Yeah key solved problem, just got it from holden dealer, $180 incl gst, for everything including coding

crew.man

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series II v6 auto
ok got a new key and all is ok now cheers for the help