Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Products you dont mind paying extra money for

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
... ive had my ipod for almost a year, only problem i had was the scroll wheel was fuked. i went for 2 or so months thinking it was useless and couldn't change songs, but they fixed it all up free of charge, sweet.

apart from that, there not crap.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Dad picked up a big drill bit set for $20 and all of them b@stards blunted in a flash, waste of money and energy IMO

Where from? I want to get some. I dont mind sharpening.

I got a Creative MP3 theyre good quality. As good as an ipod for much less the price.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'll stand up for iPod's aswell, I was always bagging them until I got one, I couldn't find anything that'd match the size, ease of use, hard drive space, for the price.

I've had mine for nearly a year with no problems, but my gf's second hand iPod is having troubles. May need to be repaired.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yeah, i know, i don't buy expensive brands all the time, but generally, i will if im hungry lol

my brother is a bakery manager at woolworths, the bread is wayyy better than any other!
bakers delight bread or GGFed :thumbsup:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
bakers delight bread or GGFed :thumbsup:

Yeh that much better than the crap @ woolies with all its preservatives. I like the bread from our local bakery best, only drawback is its only really good for one day not 3-4 like the supermarket stuff

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
i happened to notice that the two people who are defending the ipod have also had problems with them????? u just supported my statement...

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
IBM laptops are decent but not their PCs. Have you noticed how few Computer retailers stock IBM PCs these days? There is a reason for it.

The reason that retailers no longer stock IBM is purely IBM's marketing strategy. Their computers are still in very high demand, but they are bought through different channels. The reason being that the technology that IBM computers have makes them very expensive (often more than $1000 more for the same specs as a Dell) This includes things such as the ability to drop a laptop from 1.5m and not have a single loss in data.

IBM is the king of computers, simple as that. If i could afford an IBM (or Lenovo as they are now known as) i would definately buy another one (i had one previously)

Lenovo (IBM) are still highly regarded in the business sector, and you will find that many of the people who rely on computers day in day out use IBM. NAB (National Australia Bank) for instance use IBM computers for every single computer they have in the whole world.

You can still buy IBM, but yes you're right, you can't buy them through retailers, because generally the people who buy computers through retailers either can't afford an IBM or have no interest in its benefits.

Just some useless information for you all :)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
i happened to notice that the two people who are defending the ipod have also had problems with them????? u just supported my statement...

Haha, well unfortunately its not that simple, the only reason why my gf's is playing up is due to it being second hand, it had alot of rubbish on it from the previous owner, and it's not liking how it is being used now. I should be able to get around it by restarting it, seems to fix nearly all problems. (Mind you it still works, all music is there, it just cannot update more songs until I restart.)

iRiver is the only competition for it in the high range spectrum, and iRiver seems to fall short on many factors.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
The reason that retailers no longer stock IBM is purely IBM's marketing strategy. Their computers are still in very high demand, but they are bought through different channels. The reason being that the technology that IBM computers have makes them very expensive (often more than $1000 more for the same specs as a Dell) This includes things such as the ability to drop a laptop from 1.5m and not have a single loss in data.

IBM is the king of computers, simple as that. If i could afford an IBM (or Lenovo as they are now known as) i would definately buy another one (i had one previously)

Lenovo (IBM) are still highly regarded in the business sector, and you will find that many of the people who rely on computers day in day out use IBM. NAB (National Australia Bank) for instance use IBM computers for every single computer they have in the whole world.

You can still buy IBM, but yes you're right, you can't buy them through retailers, because generally the people who buy computers through retailers either can't afford an IBM or have no interest in its benefits.

Just some useless information for you all :)

I agree that they are in high demand due to the name. As IBM built the first true PC many believe they are the best. IBM neglected to patent their original PC design and had to use their own design under license from another manufacturer. It was easier to source components from others and just assemble the PCs in their own cases so this is the path used by IBM over the years (and Dell, HP, Compaq, Packard Bell etc).
IBM make superb chips that rank with the best available and are found in many products other than computers but their complete systems are not purely IBM systems. Many manufacturers currently use IBM chips for their motherboards though they are not marked as such.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link so until IBM use the best components available, rather than the most cost effective, their systems can only be as good (or bad) as others that utilise these same components.
Drop testing? That proves the benefit of good case design not component strength.

The Australian Government will not use IBM PCs but do use their Laptops.

From what I have written it sounds as if I think IBM are rubbish which is not the case. I do think they are too expensive for what they actually are, which is the same quality as some much cheaper systems.