Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

program new key fob

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
mr minit wasnt to sure so he said try another store havent been there yet at this rate ill just buy the tech2 and do it myself:)

DjYalla

Reaction score
Members Ride
battler Vn is Battling
Our snapon scanner requires the body control module code to reprogram keys to start the car. if there is another key to duplicate off it's easy as. That's how the locksmith would do it, he wouldn't be able to program one from scratch.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
he did say hes new and to go to his other store that his boss runs and he would know more i jsut havent been yet

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Hi Daron. I found this info on the web - I can't verify that it works, but it might be worth a try.

Cheers,

Adding Keys
Important:
• To initiate, this procedures requires that a learned master key be available.
• A total of 10 keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.
• This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
• The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.
• If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.
1 With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2 Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.
3 Within 10 seconds of turning OFF the ignition, insert the key to be learned and turn ON the ignition. The vehicle has now learned the new key.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Intersting info, toey. I have a Caprice which came with only one original key. I had a new key cut and programmed, but with the new key, I can't change the entertainment system from thinking that it has headphones plugged into the rear entertainment system. This is annoying, as it disables the rear speakers. The original key still works fine, and I can change the rear entertainment settings. I might have to head back to Holden for a fresh look at the problem.

cost me $15 to get cut at a locksmith and $70 to get it programed by holden dealer. depending on the features of your car it may be worth getting it done by holden. my car has memory seats so when i use my key the seat move to my position and the sterio changes to what i was last listening to, and the same setup for my wifes key. when we bought the car it only came with one key but the dealer gave me a blank to get fixed up at home (bought the car 900km away). holden first copied the key but the memory seats didnt work. found out the bcm can use 3 keys, key 1 and key 2 are different but the key programmed in spot 3 is a copy of one of the first two keys. so it is possible that you may get the same result as me which will need another visit to get the keys in the right spot on the bcm. so as you can see its not as simple as copy and paste of the key itself.