Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Fit the wiper cover up at lunch.

Looks so much better than the OEM one, was worth all the heartache of trimming/cutting/filing etc.
YMjebRX.jpg

Going to need to replace the windscreen at some point, looks like some welding spatter made it through my towls/blankets onto the glass when I was filling the firewall.
I used Freds autoglass for the Senator. he is mobile and will come to you.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I used Freds autoglass for the Senator. he is mobile and will come to you.
Oooh thanks for the tip, I'll look him up!

Good to have recommendations rather than who's cheapest. I want someone who's going to care for the car, not just rush it and scratch the roof/pillars etc like some of the chain mobs.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Oooh thanks for the tip, I'll look him up!

Good to have recommendations rather than who's cheapest. I want someone who's going to care for the car, not just rush it and scratch the roof/pillars etc like some of the chain mobs.
that's why I ended up with this guy. He does a lot of older resto stuff, and was well known to the team at Rare Spares etc as customers had used him on their restos. Took care with the Senator, and gave me a serving for damaging the original windscreen :rolleyes: (Like I wasn't already mad enough at myself! :p)
He even sorted out the insurance claim for me, I just filled out his form, and it was done. Pretty good overall. As it was insurance, I don't actually know what his fee is.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I had a windscreen replaced at a local outfit. The result was.... average at best.

She's looking good.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I had a windscreen replaced at a local outfit. The result was.... average at best.
thats my fear.

I had my old work car done by o'brians as an insurance claim when it got a crack on the highway.

There was marks down the pillar and sikaflex residue noticable around the seals etc.

Definately don't want that again.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
thats my fear.

I had my old work car done by o'brians as an insurance claim when it got a crack on the highway.

There was marks down the pillar and sikaflex residue noticable around the seals etc.

I was offered O'Briens by insurance, but as the break happened right on new years they were quoting 2 weeks to get the screen in stock, so I told insurance I would use a non chain local. They said as long it was in their budgeted amount for repairs they would agree. No idea what the budgeted amount was, but assuming all good since I didn't hear back.

If I ever have to do a window again, I will do the same. When I had my WM done about 12yrs ago, it was such a headache, and the local branch moaned about it so much.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats my fear.

On the Calais they damaged the roof lining dege and once that starts it don't stop. I caught it early and put some pins in it along the edge and fortunately you don't see it unless you know they are there.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Makes me wonder if I should lodge a claim with shannons and see if they approve it to get replaced, technically I have a free windscreen in my policy.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
thats my fear.

Hahaha, Obrien's left out a wiper seal on mine when it was replaced. Fortunately when I went back they were able to find it on the bench.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
You could always just magically get a chip/crack in the wrong spot ....