Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Makes me wonder if I should lodge a claim with shannons and see if they approve it to get replaced, technically I have a free windscreen in my policy.
I did with Shannons. No increase in premiums as a result either.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Well just did a shannons online claim, told them it was my fault even sent them pics and they are happy to cover it and replace it.

Win
I was going to say wont hurt to try, I broke my windscreen, told them it was me, they paid the replacement. I have never made a single claim on the Senator in 10yrs except this. Figured I have well and truly paid enough to them on this car :D

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I was going to say wont hurt to try, I broke my windscreen, told them it was me, they paid the replacement. I have never made a single claim on the Senator in 10yrs except this. Figured I have well and truly paid enough to them on this car :D
Same, the only claims I've made are not at fault on the VE in about 15 years.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I've thought about it, and I do have a ctek in a drawer somewhere I got as a gift but I've always been weary of leaving things like that plugged in.

I know someone who lost their house years ago from a maintainence charge gone bad, however I do realise the technology has advanced so much since then, it still sits in the back of my mind.
Hook it to the car, flick it on in the morning and off at lunch or after work (since you are home and close by anyway).
Do that once a week and you'll be fine.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I've thought about it, and I do have a ctek in a drawer somewhere I got as a gift but I've always been weary of leaving things like that plugged in.

I know someone who lost their house years ago from a maintainence charge gone bad, however I do realise the technology has advanced so much since then, it still sits in the back of my mind.
I use a ctek on my ve that doesn’t get driven alot, just leave it hooked up full time when the car isnt in use

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Makes me wonder if I should lodge a claim with shannons and see if they approve it to get replaced, technically I have a free windscreen in my policy.

Can't see why they'd knock it back...

Or if you are worried, spanners have been known to slip from hands when you have oil on your hands.... ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
With most insurance policies you pay extra for the free windscreen replacement so you are a mug if you don't make use of it once in a while.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Picked up a set of bluetop injectors last night as I'm almost out of injector with the stock ones at WOT/high RPM and will absolutely need them for the 355 regardless.

I'll probably get them flow tested before I install them as I don't trust peoples word anymore, apparently these are reco'd (the fresh seals/pintle caps etc are a good sign though).

I was going to go LS1 injectors however I prefer the look of the old steel EV1 style injectors to the EV6 plastic ones, it keeps it looking more old school.
UndIymE.jpg

Ran the car today (still on stands etc) to get the belt tightness right of the gilmer, it's gone full winter weather here, cold starts not happy. I've been playing with the tune a fair bit with the new throttle body as the IAC counts needed to be changed a fair bit compared to the old one.

Last edited: