Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@someguy360 Has yours got the slide out cup holder from the centre console?

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Windscreens done!

Ended up having to go through O'Briens. Even though Shannons allows choice of repairer, if you want to use your own glass mob you need to pay for it yourself then try and get the money reimbursed by Shannons, which was a bit **** as most glass people have the ability to directly bill insurance. And while I have no problem paying for it, I know it can be a battle trying to get money back from an insurance company, and they can draw it out a long time.

either way, I was skeptical but they did a good job, no damage, paints not scratched etc.

Ass puckering moment watching old mate on the shed cam doing it, in 10 years he's the first person other than myself to work on the car. So this was a very new feeling having to put my faith in someone else.
i44QNGE.png

TAQ2ZQd.jpg
Has it really been 10 years? Man she is looking sweet. I'm so glad she's gone to a good home.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Can you run it with that factory vac line so you still get the more accurate fuelling at idle?
Yep sure can it's got a vacuum/boost reference port.

@someguy360 Has yours got the slide out cup holder from the centre console?
Nah unfortunately not, that was only in the S3 console. I do have Gary's Build Ninja cupholder in the centre console though which imo is better as the statesman one tended to throw your drinks everywhere on bumps/heavy braking.

Has it really been 10 years? Man she is looking sweet. I'm so glad she's gone to a good home.
Yeah it has, I don't think theres a singular nut/bolt/washer on that car that hasn't been touched in that time. I think the only parts other than the body panels that are still in it from when I bought it is the carpet/dashboard/headliner.

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Mounted the regulator up today in an area that will be reasonably hidden behind the air cleaner and made some new lines.
Zr9DhLk.png

Just waiting on another fitting to arrive tomorrow to blank off the 3rd port which is unused on this setup (they didn't supply blanking fittings with the kit which was a bit annoying).

The 355 also arrived today.
mcS3xEG.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Cars officially done at this point (well this stage at least until the new engine is built).

It's back up and running again, turns out I had 2 problems with the cars running (because of course I did) that the fuel pressure was bad which the regulator has fixed (it's not swinging super rich/lean anymore), and the ignition modules earth was a bit iffy, remounted it more securely and it seems good again.

I've taken @EYY's tip and ordered a 2nd module for the boot just in case. Not that I can really change it on the side of the road quickly due to it being mounted inside the passenger guard, however good peace of mind for if I ever go on a long roadtrip, red centre nats, drag and drives etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it out for a run round the block to test shifting, leaks, brakes etc this weekend (it's very very wet this week and I don't really want to be waiting for a tow truck in the rain), so far it's moved 4 metres in 6 months.

So far since December.

* Re-wired front to back
* semi smoothed/shaved/painted engine bay
* fibreglass wiper cowl
* body repairs and paint
* resprayed wheels
* Aeroflow nitro ratchet shifter (waaay nicer than a B&M by the way for anyone interested)
* new shifter console/upholstery/boot
* new seats
* NOS VN Group A momo steering wheel (my fav wheel which I was in the right place at the right time to nab).
* Battery relocation and wiring
* Braided trans lines, fittings, heatsheilding
* New 3200RPM converter
* Corvette servo
* New Injectors and fuel rails
* New Fuel pump
* New braided fuel lines.
* New loom for autometer gauges
* New fuel regulator and plumbing
* Paint engine block and heads
* Paint engine brackets
* paint fuel rails
* paint intake manifold
* Relocate ABS module
* new brake hard lines
* new brake soft lines
* new hidden alloy washer tank and pump.
* new throttle body
* new accelerator cable and brackets.
* new air cleaner
* new catch can and hoses
* new windscreen, wiper arms and wiper motor.
* new gilmer drive kit
* new stainless fasteners throughout engine bay
* new bonnet insulation
* new alternator
* new optima battery
* Aeroflow battery tray

And a fun stat: Over 350 solder sleeves used and over 20 metres of wiring loom tape used and a very very sore bank account.

Last edited: