Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Prowler" Project.

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Hey I am new to Just commodore's Interested in idea's for my VN S Sedan, I earn a bit of money with my job and am looking to recreate my VN into a monster, Look, Sound, everything, I have decided to call it The "Prowler" Project Due to a sticker on the Car it's Known as the prwoler around town.

I Have had the car for just over a year, and Started A new job and i find myself with a bit of money in my pocket. I always wanted to do something with the car, just i dont know too much about getting more performance out of it. It's a VN S sedan, But the previous owner had changed the engine with a VR it's manual, with extractors full exhaust system 17" alloy rims, stock body kit, LSD Diff. All i have done is maintinence. Recently changed the coilpack leads and spark plugs, just normal upkeep things.

UPGRADE PLANS
*Re-spray
*Awsome Sound System(Already Quoted)
*Diff Reconditioned
*Engine Reconditioned
*Gearbox Reconditioned
*Replace all Bushes
*New Lights Allround.
*Alarm System.
*Rims
*Some Sort Of Engine Upgrade.(Need Idea's)
*New Complete Interia.
*Upgraded Braking system.
*Maybe Novelty Horn.
*Body Kit.

Need Advice on What kind of engine Upgrade's I can do, Withing P-Plate Regulations. I have thought about boring out and forced induction just need some idea's.

Cheers.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
technically with p plates u cant do any modifications, but if u insist id do things they cant see, cam, high flow filter, go a CAI and tell the cops its an original part, if u rly got cash u could stroke it

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Brake upgrade: VT Brake conversion. Check eBay.

Engine upgrade: V8 :)

Or you could save ALL the money from doing ALL of these upgrades, and instead drop an LS1 in there ;)

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Yeah I thought about stroking it But it's sort of a 2 way street there, u gain power but it weakens the engine at the same time, Thats what i have been told anyways.

I quoted a rockford system today 5 grand will be sick! Pump some Parkway drive in that.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah I thought about stroking it But it's sort of a 2 way street there, u gain power but it weakens the engine at the same time, Thats what i have been told anyways.

I quoted a rockford system today 5 grand will be sick! Pump some Parkway drive in that.

What speakers/amps/subs etc.? With the Rockford stuff try and get the gear made in the USA, though thats getting more difficult as more and more of it is being made by smaller companies in China and Asia.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
No offence, but "Prowler" makes it sound like you hang around outside of high schools with severely darkened windows, offering out packs of smokes for favours.

Now that's out of my system, what do you want to achieve with the car and what limits do you currently have on you?
They would be the two things I would figure out first.
For instance, why install 300 pounds of stereo gear if you want to go quick?
See what I mean?

I have to laugh at the 'novelty horn' bit though, that's gold....

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Now that's out of my system, what do you want to achieve with the car and what limits do you currently have on you?
They would be the two things I would figure out first.
For instance, why install 300 pounds of stereo gear if you want to go quick?
See what I mean?
Agreed. If you want to spend that kind of money on audio, instead buy a pair of Peavey HD-H1s and a couple of CS series amps. And a van. Then you will not only have a diecent audio system, but you will be able to make money to spend on your commodore.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT

Just to set you straight on this one, stroking an engine does not necessarily weaken it. It involves making the piston travel further down in the bore to increase swept volume or volumetric capacity of the engine. Sometimes you may have to clearance the bottoms of the bores a little to allow for the swing of the crank, but that all depends on what type of engine you are working and how far you are going with it.
In these modern times, aftermarket blocks are being manufactured that accomodate huge stroker cranks and do it reliably.