Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Prowler" Project.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
i can't help but think all this money into a vn is a bad idea. Unless you make it a full show car it's still gonna be a VN S. that 8 grand engine conversion would go well into a better base car. I understand if you don't want a new model but a VS clubsport / senator would be a nicer starting point. Do you really find the v6 is lacking performance. I know it's hard now but try to sit on the idea for a few months before spending money, if your still keen the i suppose go for it. BTW you may be earning good money now but it may not stay that way, you don't want your funds to dry up with you engine on the floor of the garage. ps forget ls1 go ls3.

sorry for repeats above post wasn't there when i started

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
I understand you got your own opinion and thats cool man im just saying this is what i want to do man. Whats this, LS1 anyways. Inlighten me.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
5.7L gen3 V8. found in holdens from VT2 till VZ. lots of mods available and reacts well to them.

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Nah im not defaintly spending *grand on an engine im just saying thats an opion i can go for. My car goes alright as is to be honest. i just want it looking nice sounding good and goin harder.

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
Its gms new gen v8 - 5.7 litre awesomeness

they come stock in the later model commies, and are not a straight bolt in job like a 5l would be but greater gains can be had in the long run of things

but you can buy fitting kits (mounts ect...) to help you on your way but its a much larger and complex job than swapping to a 5L

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
thats 2 years away before i could drive it though. i think i will just go with a v6 for now boared out. V8 later on.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
No offence mate, but you need to sort out what you really want.

I was the same, I'm sure most of us were, but as you'll see, your taste in cars will change dramatically and quickly.
12 months from now, you might look back and regret even thinking about what you were planning to do to your vn.

I suggest to just sit on it and think, look around, see what takes your fancy and use your vn for what it is, a good runabout.

But that's up to you.

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
i can't help but think all this money into a vn is a bad idea.

Try telling this to luke...

5L is legal on P plates mate, unless your really young and have the no 8 cylinder vehicles, i got away driving my v8 on my P's easily

either drop a 5L in it or just buy a new car mate, if your earning that much money they'res lots of better cars you can afford... dont bother with the v6, unless you get custom and crazy its not worth it if you want power,

and that stereo gear is begging to be stolen... you just have to look at a vn and it unlocks its self..

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
I have thought about this for over 6 months now i can actually do it. I no exactly what i want and where to get it it was just a question what was the opinion you guys had for the idea i had feed back is good and as for my choice in cars i already know what im getting next XR6 BA ute fpv mmm

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I understand you got your own opinion and thats cool man im just saying this is what i want to do man. Whats this, LS1 anyways. Inlighten me.

It's enlighten mate. Save the cash and go back to school. I know you want to do something to the car but have you seriously thought about investing it or doing something decent with it so you don't have to work forever?
2k per week isn't much above average so don't get carried away spending on an old car.

I wouldn't normally bother to give this advice but you've mentioned your wealth a bunch of times, for which i can only assume you haven't been earning it for very long.

good luck anyway.