Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Prowler" Project.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i paid just about 1g for my system all pioneer n i regret it n that was 2yrs ago :p

just get something like kenwood or somethingggggg? ur car is going to fall apart with that much bass u wont be able to upgrade at all :p

If I spent that much on pioneer speakers i'd regret it too :p

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Front doors
ROCKFORD FOSGATE T162S
ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER Components
RRP: $699

If you want RF thats a good choice but I wouldn't pay over $500.

Parcle tray
ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1692C
ROCKFORD fosgate POWER Coaxial Speakers
RRP: $359

Why are you getting 6x9's with subs? Even so you could get those speakers for $250 quite easily.

You'd be much better off with the T162C 6.5" speakers, for around the $200 mark.

Boot;Speaker amplifier.
ROCKFORD FOSGATE T4004
ROCKFORD fosgate POWER Amplifier 4 Channel
RRP: $949

At 60watts each it will run the speakers ok, but you should be able to pick it up for around $700.

Boot subs x2
ROCKFORD FOSGATE T110D4
ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER Subwoofer Stage 1
RRP: $649

Good choice, 600rms each. DVC 4ohm as well so with 2 of them you can them at 1ohm. Probably $500 each.

SUB Amplifier
ROCKFORD FOSGATE T5001bd
ROCKFORD fosgate POWER Amplifier Mono Block
RRP: $1,299

Bad choice on the amp though ?

Why bother spending all that money on subs and then get an amp that won't even power them to half their rated power?

That amp produces 500wrms at 1ohm, so 250rms per sub when each sub can take 600rms.

I'd atleast get the T1000-1bd for around the $1200 mark, or theres the T1500-1bd as well.

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Yeah, i read the quote wrong, the amp to run the subs is the ROCKFORD FOSGATE T15001bd. I have mate's that do paint, and interia's so thats all easily done, i just needed motor idea's really or anything people think i should do be sides bying house's. I don't know much about engine but if i was to get it stroked, would getting the engine re-conditioned be a waste of time and money.?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
They rebuild the engine when they stroke it so it kind of would be. If you're stroking it just buy a 4.2L short motor from COME. Change the rear speakers on the quote to the T162C 6.5" speakers instead, anyone will tell you 6x9's sound bad with a sub, 6.5" are the way to go.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I said i was making alot of money so give me idea's, im getting around 2 grand a week with my new job so there's no limit really, just not sure what to do with it.

Live on Rice for 3 months and get a ls1 in it? :)

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
If you're stroking it just buy a 4.2L short motor from COME. QUOTE]

I don't know what that is, but since i posted this i have spoken to a few people, they have said if i invest about 8grand into an engine i can get it built up to have around 400Horsepower So, im not sure if i go with buying a new one, or just transforming my one i have into a motor from hell I can get the money to do this easily, but will it be worth it?

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
If you're stroking it just buy a 4.2L short motor from COME.

I don't know what that is, but since i posted this i have spoken to a few people, they have said if i invest about 8grand into an engine i can get it built up to have around 400Horsepower So, im not sure if i go with buying a new one, or just transforming my one i have into a motor from hell I can get the money to do this easily, but will it be worth it?

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
do not!! i repeat do not! spent 8g on a v6

put an ls1 in it - much better way to spend your dosh.......

even a 5l - 8g would go a long way there

stwist

"THE PROWLER"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
I got 2 more years on green plates why not ha i make enough

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
You would be crazy to spend 8g on a V6. LS1 conversion is the go these days for sure. What about your job? Is it stable? If you become unemployed or your financial situation changes, will you end up with a half finished bucket of **** that owes you 20g?

To get around the P restrictions, why not just buy a daily while you are building up your VN? Its probably going to take you 2 years to sort out and get everything built anyway. And then you have a V8 ready when you come off your P's.

It will give you plenty of time to think about it and learn.

You say that you don't know much, and that will show when you walk into a workshop. That means you are more liable to get ripped off bigtime.