Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ps2 slim mounting

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
I would still run with the inverter , pop your glovebox out far left hand side there should be alot of empty space up above where the passegers feet sit, I wouldnt feel that comfortable running 240v though my firewall personally lol

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
no i havent pulled apart the dash before havent had the car all to long. im not sure if i have to use that inverter atm im trying to work out another way to do it i think it was said above the ps2 needs 8volts so i just need to find a way to reduce 12 to 8 atm im in an electrician course in tafe so when i go back ill ask my teachers how to do it and see what they say is the best idea but i think there would be a simplar idea but well see

Mate i have the device u need and it only cost me $10 from DS! There is a catch though its one of those build it yourself kits and the total size of it is around the size of a matchbox! but u will need a multi as it has a voltage adjustment output on it wich u tune to what ever voltage you want ect!(i think the voltage range is from 3 volt to 36) the only serious downfall of it is that it gets very hot and could be a potential fire hazard if not installed in a good cool place all on its own with nothing around it, the other option is that u can buy a heat sink for it from DS! if ya want a pick of it let me know;)
P.s it is designed for cars to be used in conjunction with whatever u want but mostly for things like the old style portable cd players and things that use power packs ect!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
hey yeah i would like a pic thanks :) sounds good wat if it was in the engine bay lol fire hazard but if im moving it should be sweet :) do u have a heatsink do u know how much it costs??? thanks

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
hey yeah i would like a pic thanks :) sounds good wat if it was in the engine bay lol fire hazard but if im moving it should be sweet :) do u have a heatsink do u know how much it costs??? thanks

Here is the pics!
I run a standard 12volt fuse for safety (as shown) and don't worry about the wire on the underside of the board, i was stuffing around with it an blew it up lol so i had to install a bridge:p if i recall correctly it was $10 but u have 2 put it together yourself (wich is easy as) and comes with instructions!!

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_1614.jpg
    100_1614.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_1615.jpg
    100_1615.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 138

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
thanks for your time man been very helpful lol one more question with the heat sink it shouldnt overheat and should be fine correct??? and were would u mount it

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
bolt one of these up you will never have any issues lol

tr-ifx14-large.jpg

cxcxcx ... what kind of current can that circut handle ? any specs?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
cxcxcxcx... if i was to go and get one wat do i ask for

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
Heavy Duty Heatsink (H3406) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia.

then just cut it to suit, either put a fan on it or put in good airflow area, may want to invest in some heatsink compound as well im pretty sure these reulators get really hot around 1A current draw dont quote me on that tho

proberbly could goto a computer store and get an heatsink and fan for like $5 drill a hole in the guts of it and screw it on with some thermal paste

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ok kool :) would u do this or the inverter do u think i only want the ps2 running dont have anyother plans

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
cxcxcxcx... if i was to go and get one wat do i ask for

HAHA, your a lucky man!! I found my DS Product book:D
the item is called: (Universal Voltage Regulator) part no: (K 3592) and the optional case (heat sink designed for it) is: (H 2853) or (H 5003)! As for where 2 mount it, i would mount it under the bonnet in a open space of its own away from other stuff and fuel lines or where water can get to it ect!