Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PS3 games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I had my xbox 360 standing upright for over a year and never had a disc scratched. It'd have to be a pretty strong breeze to make it "wobble". I lay it flat now because I realised the there is some air intake on the bottom which could lead to overheating if left standing upright.

i never mentioned anything about a breeze......
but anyway, believe what you would like to, its clear no one wants to listen to my advice anyway. the boxes of defective 360 discs that come through work must have been done by the tooth fairy and not by the people using their 360 upright.
this is what kinda grinds my gears about this place sometimes...everyones a ****ing expert know-it-all who wont listen to good advice...but hey do whatever the hell you want.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
the problem with the 360 scratching discs is caused by a dodgy disc locking mechanism, which im pretty sure was fixed in later models.

It's coming out on both.

im aware of that, but have always been a sony person right from the good ol' original PS days :p first time I was introduced to an xbox I diddnt like like, for me it just felt weird playing it. personal preference really.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
but anyway, believe what you would like to, its clear no one wants to listen to my advice anyway. the boxes of defective 360 discs that come through work must have been done by the tooth fairy and not by the people using their 360 upright.
this is what kinda grinds my gears about this place sometimes...everyones a ****ing expert know-it-all who wont listen to good advice...but hey do whatever the hell you want.

Calm down mate, all I was saying, was from my experience, and what I have heard, and was putting forth my thoughts just like u did, no where did i say u were WRONG or dont listen to u etc

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
What the hell are you on buddy?

All I said was that I've never had an issue with scratched discs. You came out with an outlandish statement such as this
all it takes is someone to walk past it and the whole thing will wobble and cause damage to the disc. you dont need to touch or move the console for disc damage to occur.

If no one touches it or moves it, "while walking past it" what makes it wobble? The tooth fairy as you put it? I was talking about a breeze as you walked past it as it sounded like thats what you were talking about.

If you knock anything while something is spinning at 2,000 rpm you expect that something could get damaged. Thats common sense.

You're the only one thinking he's the expert, I only said my bit from personal experience. I couldn't care less what profession you work in if you're gonna speak like a tool.

Your advise actually becomes kind of useless as soon as you said this anyway
sircruisealotVS said:
its also a piece of ****....but if you wanna save $100 and buy something inferior then go ahead.
Because all that says is that you are a fanboy defending your pride and joy.

I will say this again, in my experience I never had any issues with scratched if you take care loading discs, then you shouldn't have a problem, IN MY EXPERIENCE. If you're stupid enough to place your xbox in a position where you can knock it over when walking past it while it's running, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
im aware of that, but have always been a sony person right from the good ol' original PS days :p first time I was introduced to an xbox I diddnt like like, for me it just felt weird playing it. personal preference really.
That's it. The reality is there is very little between the two consoles. On paper the PS3 "looks" better, the reality is you're only as good as your games.

At the moment, xbox has the larger range of games, in a years time PS3 should have caught up. Hopefully the consoles will get cheaper by then so there are more people using them.

I'd just rather play both, use the ps3 for HD movies, and get the games that interest me, without worrying which console I fancy more.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
My mate just got his 360 chipped, i duno how much he paid to get it done, but hes happy with the results. Any insight in chipping, or should this be another thread?

You don't need to get them chipped... It's really just a case of opening up the xbox connecting the dvd drive to your computer and flashing a new firmware to it. Then plugging it all back up and then you can play pirate games no worries.

You run the risk of getting banned off live though.

Xbox-Scene.com - Xbox 360 Xbox360 Modchips Xecuter3 Xenium SmartXX X-Chip X-B.I.T Xecuter2.6 Xodus - Gamesave Dashboard exploit - EvolutionX Avalaunch MXM Dashboard UnleashX - X2 & EvoX bios - Copy Xbox Hacks & Cracks tutorials faq - Cheapmod is the place to go to look up information on how to do it

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah mate of mine got his firmware upgradded, cost him $80, and ive heard u run the risk of gettin banned of live, but he plays live all the time and he says he even plays burned games on live. So i dunno how big the risk it is

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
What the hell are you on buddy?

All I said was that I've never had an issue with scratched discs. You came out with an outlandish statement such as this

If no one touches it or moves it, "while walking past it" what makes it wobble? The tooth fairy as you put it? I was talking about a breeze as you walked past it as it sounded like thats what you were talking about.

If you knock anything while something is spinning at 2,000 rpm you expect that something could get damaged. Thats common sense.

You're the only one thinking he's the expert, I only said my bit from personal experience. I couldn't care less what profession you work in if you're gonna speak like a tool.

Your advise actually becomes kind of useless as soon as you said this anyway
Because all that says is that you are a fanboy defending your pride and joy.

I will say this again, in my experience I never had any issues with scratched if you take care loading discs, then you shouldn't have a problem, IN MY EXPERIENCE. If you're stupid enough to place your xbox in a position where you can knock it over when walking past it while it's running, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

hahaha, nice one. your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you.....
what causes it to wobble? gee i dunno...maybe the vibrations you cause from walking?? you do realise that when something as heavy as a human moves it creates vibrations through the ground dont you? or did you miss that physics class? go put a ball on the edge of a coffee table and then walk past it, notice how the small vibrations though the ground actually cause the ball to fall off? thats what wobbles the 360 mate, im not talking about it moving in such a manner that you can see it physicall rocking back and forth, hahaha.

ive never said anything about being an expert or even thinking i am, nor did i say anyone was, before jumping to conclusions maybe thoroughly read what has been said.
i gotta laugh at the hypocritical comment about me being a "fan boy" though....coming from you...who's going blue in the face over a small comment i made about the 360. infact i own both ps3 and 360, ofcourse i like the ps3 more, its simply a better product!
the 360 is a piece of junk in comparison, there's about a 20:1 ratio of defective 360's to ps3's so im not defending "my pride and joy" (hahaha...funny stuff) im clearly just stating the facts and if you cant grasp that then thats your own downfall.
in your experience you say you've not had any issues....well omg that must mean that because one person hasnt experienced the 360 scratching discs then is musnt happen at all....but wait, it doesnt quite work like that does it....
as i said before...this is exactly what rubs me the wrong way on here, i give some people sound advice and instead of taking that onboard the know-it-alls jump up and try to discredit what ive said when it is merely the facts.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm not buying a PS3 yet, my brother has a 360 but it's really not much better than a PS2 far as I'm concerned so I'm waiting to see how much potential the PS3 has, being a typical playstation it will take a few years for the coders to master the complexities and get them cranking. I have both eyes on GT5 and God of War 3 of course