Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pub's Darkside Project EF Fairmont

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Been a while since i last done any updates was concentrating on psi pop's car

But i got this back from powder coater today its got a run in it where water leak out of thread but doesn't bother me really its made out of scrap and i wouldnt call it my best work but all up it cost a big fat $0 to make cant complain about that.

If i had the cash i would get it all laser/water cut, rolled and folded. It would be a lot nicer to weld and turned out better with less welding required.

Anyway....i should really clean my boot.....

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Done a bit of stupid thing yesterday parked car in garage about 2pm and forgot to turn ignition off result a flat battery. Battery is 6 years old so i thought itd be best to buy a new one. PITA as its money i didnt really want to spend atm but done is done and it'd need a new one sooner or later. car turns over much quicker now showing the old one has aged somewhat be good when i put the battery in boot. I also bought a clamp whilst i was there for battery box

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Well i already had a battery box but as they're illegal to run without a sealed battery and the fact i just went and bought a new battery i thought i'd make a sealed battery box. Not quite finished yet need to get some grommets to run my cables through and a nipple for vent tube but this is basically what i knocked up.

It is a little large but i wanted a bit of room compared to your el cheapo plastic ones. I also welded a rail inside where i can mount some relays and what not without drilling through the box. Its got stop welded in to stop battery moving and mounts for battery clamp to hook onto.

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
That battery box makes me cringe...

Soo easy to short it out. Argh!

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Unless.its aluminium..
Doesnt the battery need to breath? So the fumes it makes doesnt become a bomb in a box.
Wondering whrn there would be an update.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
hmm i fail to see why it'll short out??if its totally securely mounted it will no more dangerous maybe less so than one in a engine bay. Tell me how it is more dangerous?

Wombles i stated that it is a sealed boxed which will run a vent tube to outside of car making it legal. no build up of fumes in box or in your boot.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Sorry. Missed that Pub.