Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pub's Darkside Project EF Fairmont

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Not much of an update havent really done much lately bought some new pins for wolf ecu and been ####ing around with polishing spindle i bought from bunnings. Turns out my cheapo chinese bench grinder has a wierd shaft size and thread compared to what i assume is standard ended having to machine out the spindle to get it to fit over the shaft and screw into the thread. Took me about a week and a bit to sort that out finally get it right.

So i polished my catch can to how it turn up found another flaw with bench grinder... it's gutless can't put much load onto it or it starts to die. i got can looking half decent before i gave up.

I'm use to having a good one like this at my old work for polishing makes **** easy
canning_polisher_I.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

I also spent a this week chasing down some more 40NB seamless steam pipe. After the last lot i bought from Matthew Davies. I am unhappy with their prices what use to be a good place to buy from turned to expensive i paid about $30 inc GST a meter last time and $30 to cut to size:hmmm:. After going to a few joints around dandenong i found most either didnt stock it couldnt tell where to buy it or had a minimum order of $150. Anyway i ended getting on to Atlas Steel in brooklyn. And through our account at work (way to avoid minimum order charge) i was able to get it for a very good price in a full length. Also worked out well as i had a few jobs on the road for work and was able to pick it up on friday. So i can make a couple of manifolds now to sell i got one sold to a mate and another to sell to pay for stuff. so i'll be getting onto that tomorrow.

As for my inlet manifold i cut the plates i got stickers made for and i've sent the drawing of my Throttle body flange to my laser cutter to get cut. I decided it's much easier than me ####ing around making it

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I want to see this thing smoking 100km/h down the freeway already!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Money is thing slowing me down plus some lack of motivation most days i cbf doing anythign after work. i've canned any chance of getting it done in time for drag nats but hopefully soon after.

Things i need to finish are:-

Inlet manifold
Intercooler piping intake pipe
Dump pipe
exhaust
Battery in boot
some wiring mods
Fuel lines and fittings
Catch can fiitings and lines
Turbo feed and drain lines
oil cooler fittings and lines
Also need to buy a dissy and ea thermostat housing and top hose

Probably a few more things most of this i need cash to buy bits the others i cant do till i take car off road and pull motor and box out. Replace the box with my other one and then start fitting everything. Then i can make cooler pipe dump and exhaust so still a bit of work to do yet

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
This is one of the worst ideas ive ever had! its slow fiddly annoying and have i mentioned i hate soldering?

Still i will be happy with end result everything tests ok. I'm about 3/4 through just ecu wires theres 64 odd wires to solder onto the pin that are packed close together.

Then have to wire in the ecu plug i got extra pins from wolf so i have room for future mods still i'm probably only 50% through whole job i'm just doing a few hours at night whilst watching movies

IMG_2658.jpg

DI.57.BD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6L
looks like a real task, i thought about doing the same thing to my EB but got a quote on getting a Autronic SM4 fitted and tuned for $2000

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
looks like a real task, i thought about doing the same thing to my EB but got a quote on getting a Autronic SM4 fitted and tuned for $2000

I dont have to do it this was i can just solder the wolf into loom already in the car i chose this way so its just a plug n play option

DI.57.BD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6L
makes it easier i guess, did u remove loom from the car to do this?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
No I chopped the ecu plug from a car at wreckers and removed the other plug from ecu I had

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Finally got my throttle body plate today ive pilot drilled mounting holes to tap after i finshed welding will get onto that soon

IMG_2664.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Some **** i bought recently

Speedflow fittings
2x EL distributors ( I bought one off ebay and got 2??? Seems one has heaps of play up and down the shaft)
Fuel pressure gauge
Battery in Boot cable and lugs
Some wire to extend some things
And Some Resistors and Diodes

Been working away on my patch loom just been working through a few things. Kris gave me part of his old chopped loom so i now have a dissy plug to wire in. The resistors and diodes are for Wolf ECU wiring resistor for hall effect signal and diodes for ISC control and possibly later a boost control.

Got a Battery Box too i'm going to make a clamp setup at work to mount battery.

IMG_2701.jpg