Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pub's Darkside Project EF Fairmont

v6vpute

Rolling on stockies
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vp s sedan series 2
Im doing my wagon now got a motor for rebuild im running dished pistons and au head and crank not sure of cam. GT35/50 turbo and snort intake looking for 300kw :D on 12 psi

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Can't wait to see this happen!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
[jonnoo];2007216 said:
My mate had a el... #### that thing got absolutely FLOGGED haha never let him down though

Long term plans?
Induction,paint, interior etc?

Not much really besides the main goal get it registered it turbo'd n tuned then run 11's down the quarter.
Interior wont change much besides driver seat if it doesnt pass rwc overall its in good nic maybe a good clean of seats. The foam on side bolster has collasped and you can feel frame underneath . Doesnt bother me when driving but possible rwc item.

Exterior Wise a front bar respray or replacement is on the cards down the track and modding the factory grill to tickford style other than that nothing. Tickford kits cost almost as much as the car for a decent one.

Im doing my wagon now got a motor for rebuild im running dished pistons and au head and crank not sure of cam. GT35/50 turbo and snort intake looking for 300kw :D on 12 psi

Sounds good you running the AU block aswell? 300kw is easily done eespecially if you mean @ engine but you'll probably need a bit more boost than that though. Good thing that turning boost up cost nothing :p

Can't wait to see this happen!

Haha will be a match for your luxo barge i hope :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah that's the benifit of not having a car weigh almost 1700kg with no driver!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Haha we'll see i'll take it down to skye sands one day and weigh it.

v6vpute

Rolling on stockies
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vp s sedan series 2
Nah el block making a hybrid and ill up the boost to 16 or so when i get all the bugs sorted out. Yeah at the engine but when i get more serious ill want more power lol

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Ah ok hybrid huh so you got the bigger journal cranks thats a start atleast au motor way to go with the girdle and extra main caps bolts not to mention being able to use ba/f rods and pistons.

Should chuck a build thread up i'll be keen to have a look

Eventually i might go the au motor aswell we'll see how well this one was built if its been reco'd

EDIT: won a turbosmart boost tee off ebay $12.50 saved about $80 another thing crossed off the list of parts needed

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I have nothing but respect for the Falcon 6, my mates poor ED wagon ( i call it the C**N wagon) gets the pick handles flogged out of it 24/7. one time when he first got it he said to me " hey tinny check out this ****, i can rev it off the tacho" i dont think ive ever heard an engine in as much pain. Stone cold pulling about 7 and a half grand.

Ill be keen to see this ones progress, should go really good.