Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Puddi's 2013 Focus ST

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Once again I've managed to come back to these forums and see they're somewhat still active. Just gonna dump my current car down here. BMW boys might like my Missus' new car as well.

Focus ST 2.0L Turbo - 252HP stock. What is amazing is my plates from my MPS are '1FAF252' so kinda suits. Bought with only a catback and tune, roughly 250fwhp.
Did not mod it for 2 years, then thought rear shocks died so got coilovers and mod bug got me good. Currently FBO (Full bolt-on - Intake, Downpipe, Intercooler) with both 98 Octane and E30 mix tunes. 270 & 300whp roughly each.

MODS:
-Injen Intake (Amazing spool noises)
-Custom Downpipe & Catback 3"
-Mishimoto gold intercooler
-GFB DV+ BPV, hooked up to true vacuum via sound symposer delete. Mad flutters tsutututututuu
-BC Racing Coilovers
-AF Racing Wheel Spacers because fitment was terrible when I lowered it
-Rear wing riser
-Heko Racing Weathershields, tinted windows
-Mars racing taillights
-Maxton front lip and rear diffuser
-Chinese tablet headunit, 2 x Type R 12" subs + Hertz Amp (1000rms i think), Type R component front speakers + mini amp to power
-Xtreme HD Clutch, SMF & MFactory LSD
-Custom tune, unleaded and Ethanol mix maps by Edge Autosport.

The colour is too good imo. :) more pics in another post, think I'm limited.

Newer pic with the ladies new BMW M235i. They pack a punch for sure. Weighs the same as my hatch, and 300-310rwhp. Had some preventative maintenance mods done but also just found it is has a downpipe as well - essentially meaning a tune can get at least 350rwhp. Some get 400 apparently. She's stoked with it, was looking at an XR6T but suits her so much better I'd say - still a 6cyl Turbo too.

Had my clutch recently done so went with an LSD at the same time due to the E30 tune and it hooks up much, much better. Quite a nice daily but personally I'd never grab a FWD car for performance again

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice.
Great car , had my 2013 for 2.5 years now, shits on my commyies in the corners and fuel use.
Can still potter these around = lowish revs like a V8 in traffic.
Mines stock = would love to mod a bit but = lowest coin/priority for , so !!
I was seriously looking/thinking a BMW 130i before considering these = not many around, so went the Focus parth, but a screaming NA BMW 6 = yeah sort of ,I still think = well not to be , yet anyway.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Nice.
Great car , had my 2013 for 2.5 years now, shits on my commyies in the corners and fuel use.
Can still potter these around = lowish revs like a V8 in traffic.
Mines stock = would love to mod a bit but = lowest coin/priority for , so !!
I was seriously looking/thinking a BMW 130i before considering these = not many around, so went the Focus parth, but a screaming NA BMW 6 = yeah sort of ,I still think = well not to be , yet anyway.

Absolutely great daily, hence why I didn't touch it for so long. Intercooler and tune and it'll feel like a new car if you want to go a little budget. Intake isn't needed at all. I did a roadtrip and got 6.9L/100km, even daily driving with ethanol now I'm getting 9.5-10 which is amazing. Considering it keeps up with cammed LS the fuel consumption is great.

I think my next dream car at this stage will be an RS3, still plan to keep this for a long time. Missus' car could convince me to trade for a 135/140/235/240 in the meantime though haha. Will edit this with more pics on my PC at some point too

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did also consider a S3 .
RS3 =OH =nice = but for me needs to be manual for that driver engagement.
Back in I think 2019 a contractor where I worked had a BMW 140i hatch = went like stink.
Because my daily (this )is even limited use have toyed with how do I get out of this and into 2017 Focus RS !!!!

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Nice BMW and Ford that you guys have... They would be very powerful! What happened to that Mazda 6 MPS in the first shot, was that your wifes old car?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Did also consider a S3 .
RS3 =OH =nice = but for me needs to be manual for that driver engagement.
Back in I think 2019 a contractor where I worked had a BMW 140i hatch = went like stink.
Because my daily (this )is even limited use have toyed with how do I get out of this and into 2017 Focus RS !!!!

That's true, I might miss the manual but I'm kinda feeling old tbh hahah. S3 could be nice to change to a Euro with the missus, similar pricing, less performance than the m235i though. Honestly feel the performance BMW bang for buck is really up there. Focus RS are nice, overpriced imo but could be worth for an enthusiast. My friend got one, we also had a little roll together and back when I was catback+tune only it was neck and neck. Got a video to prove it. I was surprised considering 350bhp in the RS.

Nice BMW and Ford that you guys have... They would be very powerful! What happened to that Mazda 6 MPS in the first shot, was that your wifes old car?

They're good fun for sure - the MPS was mine I actually have a thread on here for it. Bigger turbo, was about 400bhp :) great sleeper. Missus had an Astra before, the BMW is her second ever car :eek:

More pics:

Last edited:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Was it a cool turbo one or just a plane Jane Astra?

First car, lil convertible 2003 model n/a or similar. Caryard offered $450 for trade in for the BMW, we sold it for 2.5k haha.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My friend got one, we also had a little roll together and back when I was catback+tune only it was neck and neck. Got a video to prove it. I was surprised considering 350bhp in the RS.
Way back in 80s my mate got a Porsche 944 as a company car ( he got to pick ).
His next door neighbour= quite some years older than us ( was a paterniate attorney ) had a Ferrari 308.
Not to far from us agreed 2 lane slightly isolated road = about 3/4 mile straight hit it at 80kmph in 4th and go .
Well the Ferrari only beat by a car length = SO !! OL mate went and got it turboed !!!! = Ha ha = money is great !!!!!