Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Push Start Button

Ginsun77

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 2017 Series II
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the globe in the push start button in VF Commodore? Cheers!!!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Check out the link to the VF workshop manual at https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/workshop-manual.269573/#post-2948673

I’d expect it should have the details you’d need, well at least it should specify how to remove the button or if indeed there is a changeable globe. In any case it’s worth downloading and keeping as a reference.

PS: i scanned through the workshop manual and didn't find much other than how to remove "18. Instrument panel Molding Replacement" which contains the Ignition Mode Switch and the "Figure 2 S38 Ingition Mode Switch" schematics. The later indicate the lighting of the button is provided by LEDs (which may or may not be replacable). Within "47 Interior Backlighting Malfunction" seems there should be diagnostic codes indicating backlighting problem. But the workshop manual is a real jumble, especially in this pdf form which does not have the links working as they should.

Oddly the owners manual has no info on lamp wattage which is odd.

Soon, we'll have to go to the dealer just to fill up with fuel o_O

Last edited:

Ginsun77

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 2017 Series II
Check out the link to the VF workshop manual at https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/workshop-manual.269573/#post-2948673

I’d expect it should have the details you’d need, well at least it should specify how to remove the button or if indeed there is a changeable globe. In any case it’s worth downloading and keeping as a reference.

PS: i scanned through the workshop manual and didn't find much other than how to remove "18. Instrument panel Molding Replacement" which contains the Ignition Mode Switch and the "Figure 2 S38 Ingition Mode Switch" schematics. The later indicate the lighting of the button is provided by LEDs (which may or may not be replacable). Within "47 Interior Backlighting Malfunction" seems there should be diagnostic codes indicating backlighting problem. But the workshop manual is a real jumble, especially in this pdf form which does not have the links working as they should.

Oddly the owners manual has no info on lamp wattage which is odd.

Soon, we'll have to go to the dealer just to fill up with fuel o_O
Well I was able to buy a coloured globe off ebay for the car. So I just assumed that I must be able to change them!!!

Ginsun77

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 2017 Series II
Sydney, but don’t worry. I found out today that it can’t be done and the globes I have been sent are wrong.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Why can't it be done o_O ?
Is it that the Ignition Mode Switch uses LED's soldered to the button's circuit board :eek: ?