Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Queenslands Water Crisis!!

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
what people dont realise is that county towns etc are allready drinking recycled water, you just dont realise it

eg,

Town A flushes its treated water back into the river, than, Town B 50km down stream then collects the water in the dam, people drink it gets treated and is sent to the next town etc etc,

and yes some of it gets irrigated but most of it is released back into a waterway

i personally dont have an issue with it

I think our waste goes straight into lake macquarie.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Yes well the Government has always had the option of giving us recycled water even after a no vote. So just by that they are saving millions that they can then use in the infrastucture and so on, also i think there going to give some back in the rebate scheme.

Some people dont realise that the water from the dam only gets treated once or twice max. However the proposed water will be treated atleast 6/7 times before being returned to the dams etc then getting treated a further once or twice before being delivered to our homes. I have no problem drinking it showing in it or doing whatever in it. They have been using recycled water in the UK for years and years, and there ok (sort of still crap at cricket).

The time has come where something needs to be done, and im glad they made the outright decision to bring it in A) Saves our tax payers money (millions of it). B) Desperate times C) Who cares we will have water. For all you that say you wouldnt drink it then thats you opinion, its the wrong one but its your opinion.

Its not like theres gonna be nuggets floating in your glass, or your gonna get a nutella smile. Its water... cleaner than what we already drink now, theres cow s*** and horse S*** and dingo and fox s*** out there thats in our water systems which only gets treated twice and everyone is fine with that.

But thats all i have to say on it for now.

Cheers,
Brownie

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
yuh. the thought turns me off, while i drink my water (already had 5 PURE litres today) i would be thinking, "damm man, something smells a little funky"!

no... but seriously.... yuk. i wouldn't drink recycled water, but i guess we might have to eventually.... yuh.....

it will rain soon, i know.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i reckon it will, there'd be billions of litres in the sky... i hope..

anyway, what about that bit of sewage that passes the filtrations? anyone thought of that.... i pity the poor person... turned off for life.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i think they should hurry the hell up and do it allready! im so sick hearing people say they wouldn't drink it and **** beacuse of where its been... when you think about it, eggs are chickens period... how fuk'd is that! People are stupid, its ****s me sometimes.

And sthose that think the bottled water from a store is actually healthier for them... ahahahahhahahahah man thats funny! hahahah

I still think that its major government conspiracy of some kind however i cant work out what it is yet.... you can never be too sure when sammy smooth suite has a mjor issue... hmmmm

yay recycled water!

aZk.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
i reckon it will, there'd be billions of litres in the sky... i hope..

anyway, what about that bit of sewage that passes the filtrations? anyone thought of that.... i pity the poor person... turned off for life.

Christina... the water you drink every day has been through the digestive systems of thousands of animals before it got to you i assure you that. It's been in the droppings of dinosaurs and the vomit of drunks. Where do you think the water goes when you flush the toilet? We don't send it by rocket towards the sun now do we? It goes into a sewage treatment plant, and out into the ocean... then where does it go? up into the sky by evaporation... then it falls as rain, and fills up the dams, and finally, into your glass of "pure" water.

There is a FIXED amount of water on this planet. No significant amount of water is created, and no significant amount of water is destroyed. Didn't you learn the water cycle in primary school?

Personally I'd rather drink water thats been precision filtered, processed, and tested for quality than some crap that fell from the sky, ran through kangaroo and cow poo, into a giant puddle that we drink from.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Here, here.

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
Bring on the recycled water. Were all in this for the long haul so we have to start preparing for it. If any radelaide forum members read this there is a rumour going around saying that Pt Stanvac is going to become a desalination plant. and for those who say they cant stand drinking recycled water think about the current water for a while.....nothing against anyone here because we all have our own opinions