Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Queenslands Water Crisis!!

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
thats piss funny mate - do you know where that "fresh spring water" comes from? its friggen tap water buddy, straight from the towns drinking supply that the companies factory is located in....so ponder that next time you spend more $ per litre than fuel to buy bottled tap water.
least it ain't bodily fluids.
it actually comes from the rain forests near sunny coast where it still actually rains, it's not taken from a dam or lake, it comes from the creeks running through the forest which usually runs along rock beds most of the time. there are ****e loads of natural running streams through rain forests which you can drink from without filtering it, try it next time it tastes great, general rule though just make sure you can clearly see the bottom and it's not murkey.

not all of those companies are dodgee like you say, most maybe but not all.

anyway it's raining now (at redcliffe) just hope it decides to stay for a while and actualy go over the catchment areas.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
least it ain't bodily fluids.
QUOTE]

AHAHAHA, man every time you type something it makes me laugh. I can guarantee that there is some amount faecal matter (and worse) even in the mountain streams you speak so highly of. The fact that drinking from them doesn't make you sick just goes to show how strange your objection to recycled water is. Fact of the matter is that if the politicians hadn't made a big fuss out of this and just gone ahead with making the plants, you'd just go on drinking your tap water blissfully unaware of it's origins without a problem.

Here's an example of how simple and effective water purification can be. That muddy river water you advise against drinking, (assuming it contains no high levels of heavy metals or hardy little biologicals that can survive 100 degree temperatures or anything seriously nasty like that) can be put through a rough ceramic filter (rough kiln fired clay plate) or a charcoal filter to remove all visible particulate matter. (makes it clear) Then boil it and it should be fairly safe to drink, in fact i'd trust it more than that bottled water crap. I've seen it done, a couple of researchers at uni are into this sorta thing.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I would only drink recycled water if I absoloutely had to, it it were a case of life or death. I know is clean yada yada but for me just the thought of it makes me cringe. I would be happy to pay for natural spring water, just like I have in the past. I don't particularly like the chlorinated taste of our tap water. I would use recycled water for washing, the garden etc, I would just not consume it. It may sound silly, but I don't care what anyone thinks and if I don't want to drink recycled water I won't, its my money I will be spending on spring water and its no one elses concern.

I reckon if theres not enough water to sustain our population our government should put an immediate halt to immigration, thats just more wasted water. For anyone who thinks those of us with a problem wih the mental image are silly I will pose this question, say that there was a worldwide shortage of latex and you had to use sterilised reused condoms, would you use them?
That paints a disturbing mental image!

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Julie - YES is the answer to that question.

Mental image is one thing, but I guarantee if its a matter of life or death, you'll drink it.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course but I HATE when people poo poo (excuse the pun) a solution to a universal problem, but do not present a viable alternative... emphasis on the word VIABLE.

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
water tastes great? i thought water wasnt meant to taste like anything.. sounds like this holy pure water has more then just fountain/cooroy" fresh spring water. seriosly were all gonna eventually have recycled water. We havent even began the real drought yet and its not gonna pour down enough anytime soon to fill up your dams. Personally id rather drink recycled water then water from dams....just the thought of all that algea and bird matter even dead animals and insects....recycled water will be so much more cleaner and I wont feel like un australian everytime I drink water or wash my car or whatever as I know that it has been used once before

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
water tastes great? i thought water wasnt meant to taste like anything.. sounds like this holy pure water has more then just fountain/cooroy" fresh spring water.
its a little thing called minerals:thumbsup:

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
water tastes great? i thought water wasnt meant to taste like anything.. sounds like this holy pure water has more then just fountain/cooroy" fresh spring water. seriosly were all gonna eventually have recycled water. We havent even began the real drought yet and its not gonna pour down enough anytime soon to fill up your dams. Personally id rather drink recycled water then water from dams....just the thought of all that algea and bird matter even dead animals and insects....recycled water will be so much more cleaner and I wont feel like un australian everytime I drink water or wash my car or whatever as I know that it has been used once before

yes if we could solve the water shortage with desalination and recycled water then I could stop feeling guilty every time I turn on a tap lol

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
its a little thing called minerals:thumbsup:

Man if there was an election for tool of the year, I'd vote for you, and perhaps my boss, but mostly you. You don't mind the idea of minerals and other potentially toxic compounds in your water, yet the idea of pure 100% A grade stuff that has had EVERYTHING potentially harmful to you removed just doesn't do it for you, because the mental image of where it came from is bad. I got news for you bro, just about every molecule of the water you drink has been around for millions of years, been through countless humanoid and otherwise organic digestive systems, salted, mineralised evaporated, dammed, bird****ted, algaed, filtered and then delivered to your tap. Get over your childish objection and drink your water, it's good for you. In the words of the great Ronnie Johns impersonating the even greater Chopper, "HARDEN THE **** UP" you know it makes sense.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
im kinda mixed on this topic... im all for it cuz the restrictions SUCK and its a waste of water 2 not reuse it... but i dont like the thought of drinking recycled water.. if there is one small stuff up, thousands of ppl could get sick... but i guess if ur worried about that u can buy bottled water ay?
but ye.. guess im for it for the most part.