Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about boot badge

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Sup /ve/ (the VE forum people, not somebody named /ve)

Just a quick question, does the VE Holden Lion boot badge have a curve in it or is it flat? I ask because I want to put one on my boot if it's flat or my bonnet if it's round (my car's a VS).

Thanks for your time :bow:

Last edited:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Nobody who owns a VE wants to check for me? :cry:, I guess I'll just have to look in a carpark

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
the HSV one on the back is flat..... but dont put one of those on you will look like a tool...

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Umm what's wrong with the VS lion badge?? The badge for the back has a slight curve to it, do you have the holes in your boot? the later VE's don't have the holes for the badges, the earlier models had the holes thus the badges had the little lugs on the back. Can always chop them off if need be.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
the HSV one on the back is flat..... but dont put one of those on you will look like a tool...

I agree, but thanks for the advice lol. Car's a Holden and I'm proud of that. I would have thought the HSV's would have the same boot lid as the Holden's though? Is the badge just flat because it's smaller?

Umm what's wrong with the VS lion badge??

There's nothing technically wrong with it (it's the same lion just bigger) apart from being scratched and dull, but after seeing so many VE's then looking at my car the badge looks too small, like it's a badge of shame (feels as small as the Viva lion badge).

The badge for the back has a slight curve to it, do you have the holes in your boot?

I'm not afraid to make holes in the boot if need be, do you think if I stuck the curved badge on the flat boot lid with the adhesive on the badge that it will stay or eventually come off over time? Same for the bonnet which is curved.

Thanks guys, +rep for both

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
if you think a viva one is small, have a look at the back of a cruz next time you see one.

as far as the curved badge stuff goes, if you need more/less of a curve just heat it up with a heat gun, then apply it, it will take the shape of the curve, once it cools it wont try to straighting or anything

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The badge is slightly curved to suit the profile of the boot lid.

You can have mine if you want - I plan on taking it off soon. They're the size of dinner plates! fkn HUGE! Way too big IMO. This is also the reason why I plan on getting a Chev grille - much more pleasantly sized badge. :yeah:

do you think if I stuck the curved badge on the flat boot lid with the adhesive on the badge that it will stay or eventually come off over time? Same for the bonnet which is curved.

If you get a new badge, it should stay on no problems using the adhesive on the back of the badge - assuming the curve in the badge matches that of which ever panel you're putting it on.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
You can have mine if you want - I plan on taking it off soon. They're the size of dinner plates! fkn HUGE! Way too big IMO. This is also the reason why I plan on getting a Chev grille - much more pleasantly sized badge.

I bought mine as a Chevy Lumina, if you want to switch :) ( IT IS a Holden after all, not a Chevy)

gimme a PM if your interested ;)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Thanks /ve/ friends, I'll have to make a trip down to the local dealer and order two, see how they go with the tape, then look at modifying.