Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question for those with the Police Pack

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
The wifes got a 07 Omega ex cop car. It has got the FE2 pack. I think RiCey is spot on re the dash but that might effect the blackout feature which i think should be on all of them. I use it frequently on the open road at night away from the town lights and it is amazing how the road ahead becomes so much clearer, until you try it you would not realise how much all the interior lighting distracts your vision. The wife & daughters hate it though ;-)

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
The above info is correct, about the digital speedo at least. Your Holden dealer can disable it for you but you will reset the calibrated km/h accuracy back to standard. What state did your new car come from originally?

With only 700kms on the clock, it was probably a back up unit for when one of the other ones are out of service (broken, Holden service, equipment not working etc.)
How many holes in it? Under the parcel shelf, dash and console?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
All the above is correct , you will need to go to a Holden Service centre to jiggy the computer , to get back to normal mode , other than that the SV6 in police form is not a lot different to the standard car , apart from lights , siren and a front nudge bar , well the one I use has a nudge bar . With 700 on the clock , good deal , not even run in yet .

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
They dont have bigger brakes, the rotors are standard and the pads are the same size but a different material on the front, rear pads are standard. Police pads have a grey backing plate as opposed to the normal black backing plate.

To change dash defaults it needs to be reprogrammed as a normal car not a Police car.

I took the front wheels off and measured the rotors. The front rotors are thicker (front to back) and have a larger ventilation gap down the centre (compared against a late 2012 sv6 sedan)

Had the passenger side of the dash out to install a glove-box DVD and found an extra set of 12v wiring loom behind the side panel - presume its for radios or computers or summing

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
The above info is correct, about the digital speedo at least. Your Holden dealer can disable it for you but you will reset the calibrated km/h accuracy back to standard. What state did your new car come from originally?

With only 700kms on the clock, it was probably a back up unit for when one of the other ones are out of service (broken, Holden service, equipment not working etc.)
How many holes in it? Under the parcel shelf, dash and console?

None at all. They had it at one station for a week. Then moved it to another station nearby. Then sent it and a truckload of other ones from the same batch (all unused) back to be auctioned off. They hadn't gotten around to installing anything in them because they only had them 2-3 weeks.
I Suspect that because they do their financial year turnover on 1/march here that they ordered and paid for them at the end of January to use up some excess or unused vehicle budget, then sold them in the first week of march (after their accounts turned over) rather than leave them sitting in the back corner. WHy they didn't just keep them until the next station wanted some cars I don't know.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Probably because the Police force and their installers are gearing up for the release of the VF.
I know the guys in Melbourne are.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
The talk in SA is cops going to Holden Cruise, and locally, already have a Toyota Camry in service. Trying to do the bit for climate change :smoking:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The talk in SA is cops going to Holden Cruise, and locally, already have a Toyota Camry in service. Trying to do the bit for climate change :smoking:

You may be partially correct. The Cruz may be used in some country areas and those locations where Police are not likely (or authorised) to become involved in any high speed chases. Otherwise they will have to continue to use vehicles that have sufficient safety and handling/braking requirements to satisfy Occupational Health and Safety. As for the Camry, nothing wrong with that for use by some CIB, Commissioned Officers (who qualify for a vehicle) and other non uniformed general enquiries etc.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I took the front wheels off and measured the rotors. The front rotors are thicker (front to back) and have a larger ventilation gap down the centre (compared against a late 2012 sv6 sedan)

Had the passenger side of the dash out to install a glove-box DVD and found an extra set of 12v wiring loom behind the side panel - presume its for radios or computers or summing

2012 VE: Rotor thickness new Front: 30mm, Rear: 22mm. Same regardless of model and engine, only difference is diameter ie V6 302mm V8 324mm

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Also, surveillance mode can be activated in any VE by holding both dimmer buttons in.