Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions about 2 not so common VN's.....

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Whats some suggestions for upgrades to the +six if i have a spare 500 to throw at it? A mate of mine seems to think that my car puts out more then 125kw, and considering the only thing done to it was an exhaust yet its pretty quick i tend to agree with him.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
VN Group A wins hands down followed by VL Group A with the VS a distant (very distant) third.

Reaper

That VS-GTS-R, had to be the worst HSV ever released bodywise.

The yellow paint, the black dorito rims, that haneous wing. Errr.

The seats were nice though.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
white vn ss look surprisingly good when kept in good condition. im sick of seeing red and grey ss's everywhere, so the white ones are good to see every once in a while

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
According to wheels magazine which has the specs:
HSV VN Club: 180kw @ 4600rpm, 400Nm @ 3800rpm 1360kg
SV5000 200kw @ 5400, 410Nm @ 3600 , 1570kg
VN Group A 215kw @ 5200rpm, 410Nm @4800 1550kg
HSV VP GTS 200kw @ 5200, 410Nm @ 3600 1633kg

got that from 20 years of HSV magazine, just incase anyone wanted to know

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
did the sv3800 have different gear or diff ratios?there was something different to the gearbox or diff on that model im sure. i wonder what the 300kg difference is between the vp gts and vn clubby?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
did the sv3800 have different gear or diff ratios?there was something different to the gearbox or diff on that model im sure. i wonder what the 300kg difference is between the vp gts and vn clubby?

IRS, bigger body kit, more electrics, more body deadner, few extra bolts holding the crank in:p, Seems that IRS is a 30 to 40 kilo penality at least and could be more than that. If it wasn't all over the back wheels for extra traction it would be a total disaster

lukas pukas

Bukake, better than cream
Reaction score
Members Ride
RS Liberty/KTM 250sxf
Was a pre-production model, was an exec base so no frills. Was the only manual one aswell:thumbsup:

back in high school one of my teachers had a manual, white sv5000, and she swore it was genuine, even went to the lenght of bringing in hsv papers to prove to our class. but too this day im still not sure

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
VN Group A wins hands down followed by VL Group A with the VS a distant (very distant) third.

Reaper
OMG the VS GTS-R aren't that bad, they're an icon! Few cars make such a strong statement, whether tasteful or not!

Whats some suggestions for upgrades to the +six if i have a spare 500 to throw at it? the only thing done to it was an exhaust
VS V6 supercharged CAI (if you don't already have one) and maybe higer ratio roller rockers, might blow the $500 a bit but it won't be too much over if you do the work yourself.

That VS-GTS-R, had to be the worst HSV ever released bodywise.

The yellow paint, the black dorito rims, that haneous wing. Errr.

The seats were nice though.
Sure, it's an incredible car. I want one. Only because they're cheaper than a Walkinshaw though! Still love the VN Group A, might build a faker. :p

white vn ss look surprisingly good when kept in good condition. im sick of seeing red and grey ss's everywhere, so the white ones are good to see every once in a while
A good condition atlas grey VN SS is a car I'd sell my VR for.

got that from 20 years of HSV magazine, just incase anyone wanted to know
That's an awesome magazine, hey!! You just reminded me I never read past VT Clubsport... pulling it out again now :)

Chooksir

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp plus 8
Hi everyone was just reading about the vn/vp plus 8 now I say vp plus 8 because that is what the plus 8 is the 1st one ever release was on the 2/10/91 that’s what the compliance plate says the hsv one says 29/10/91 it is white I know as it’s in my possession

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 120