Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick LAMS bike

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Then again though, if you're only buying a bike to suit the laws until you're on an open licence and you plan on upgrading to a bigger bike, theres not much need to spend a great deal on a bike thats only gotta serve you a couple of years.

But if you're planning to stick with a 600 or less, as mentioned above, 3k isn't going to get you much :(

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
I'm 6ft 2" and my first bike was a Hyosung GT250R, whilst it wasn't the quickest bike out there, it's the size of a 600cc bike and a good learner bike.

Was able to get my knee down on it multiple times just around the local suburbs etc.
I'd recommend this for any taller person.
250's are by no means quick. CBR250RR's sound quick, but arent.

barnesy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Yeah I'll only have the bike for a couple of years until I'm off my p1's then go to something a lot bigger so I can't justify spending more than 3 grand but on the other hand I want a quick and reasonably comfortable bike so it's going to be a compromise I suppose. Thanks for the help guys :)

barnesy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Also I was looking at an older (2001) cbr250r one of my mates is selling real cheap, $2000. The price does raise a few questions though :/

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Also I was looking at an older (2001) cbr250r one of my mates is selling real cheap, $2000. The price does raise a few questions though :/

2001 for $2000..? Neeeh, it's probably an Austalian Compliance plated in 2001, but a 1990 model or something. I COULD be wrong though.

@ Old mate: Not sure yet, I was thinking either CBR1000 or GSXR1000, but you can't really use the power on the roads. Then i looked at a ZX636R.. Was a nice bike haha. But i rode a 600 and, well ofcourse it was shitloads quicker than my bike, but i could flog it and it didn't scare me and could handle it easily. Probably from all the dirt bikes though haha

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol

yeah that will be 2001 complianced, as they werent made in that year, they finished production in 96. so infact it could easily be 20 years old with mega kays, but who knows. thats the risk you take with a grey import bike.

2001 for $2000..? Neeeh, it's probably an Austalian Compliance plated in 2001, but a 1990 model or something. I COULD be wrong though.

@ Old mate: Not sure yet, I was thinking either CBR1000 or GSXR1000, but you can't really use the power on the roads. Then i looked at a ZX636R.. Was a nice bike haha. But i rode a 600 and, well ofcourse it was shitloads quicker than my bike, but i could flog it and it didn't scare me and could handle it easily. Probably from all the dirt bikes though haha

yeah the 600's really arent rockets, but they seem to teach you a few more things without having such crazyness waiting to eat you when you open the throttle. my r6 isn't powerful, or light (its a 2001 model) but its been a good first roadbike for me. i'm learning a fair few things on it, and its not bad on the track. its a little underpowered at phillip island though. but i'm only 5 seconds off aussie superstock 600 pace so i'm happy.

word peter stevens up for a sponsorship?? haha

636 isnt bad, but its a kawasaki haha. maybe a gsxr 750 would be good. i reckon thats the ideal size bike for the road, a 1000 is just a bit too much. my old man rides a 09 cbr1000 and its a nice bike, but on a damp/drying road its just a bit easy to get the rear to light up and slide around, but thats fun. to be riding it at its limits you have to be riding hard though, and that normally means you go to jail if cops see you.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
yeah the 600's really arent rockets, but they seem to teach you a few more things without having such crazyness waiting to eat you when you open the throttle. my r6 isn't powerful, or light (its a 2001 model) but its been a good first roadbike for me. i'm learning a fair few things on it, and its not bad on the track. its a little underpowered at phillip island though. but i'm only 5 seconds off aussie superstock 600 pace so i'm happy.

word peter stevens up for a sponsorship?? haha

636 isnt bad, but its a kawasaki haha. maybe a gsxr 750 would be good. i reckon thats the ideal size bike for the road, a 1000 is just a bit too much. my old man rides a 09 cbr1000 and its a nice bike, but on a damp/drying road its just a bit easy to get the rear to light up and slide around, but thats fun. to be riding it at its limits you have to be riding hard though, and that normally means you go to jail if cops see you.

I like my Kawasakis haha, and if i was going 750 i would probably go 1000. I dunno yet, i can't afford one for a while and i still got ages left anyway. within a week i could already ride perfectly fine on the streets and traffic i already knew cuz of driving so. I mean alot of people don't take notice of you but you get used to that. My CBR has the loudest damn Megacycle exhaust, i swear it's like 150 decible or something unbelievable. I get alot of bad remarks on how loud it is haha, like a guy at my work has a GSXR1000 K9/L0 with termi exhaust no baffle and mines louder.. It's stupidly loud, but it came with the bike and people hear me so it's a good thing.

Yeah i get what you're saying, I'm still on my L's anyway (I could of got P's a while ago I'm just lazy and short-funded due to stupid job lol) so i'll just stroll around on the pimpin L plates ;).

I'm looking at getting a supermotard though, i mean always been a fan of dirt bikes but i wanna try out the skills of dirtbiking on the roads ;)

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Does anyone know how much it is to register a bike in VIC approx? Stupid vicroads site is rediculous. Also any opinions on a honda spada/vtr 250? Not after a quick bike just something to get around on.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Does anyone know how much it is to register a bike in VIC approx? Stupid vicroads site is rediculous. Also any opinions on a honda spada/vtr 250? Not after a quick bike just something to get around on.

Three clicks from the main page will get you here...

Common registration fees : VicRoads

If that's ridiculous, then I'd hate to think how easy you think it should be!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Clearly you should get one of these.....

2011-ducati-monster-1100-evo-1.jpg

Should be more than a match for even the fastest lam you ever come across :eek:

Reaper